The General Manager is responsible for the coordination of the security operations of all ESL beats by coordinating the day-to-day activities of the OPM, Coordinators, Supervisors and guards through their reporting.
Assessing risks and establishing policies to prevent dangers such as robbery, burglary, fires, bomb threats, medical emergencies and intrusions.
Creating business plans to support the company’s financial objectives.
Implementing security policies, regulations, rules and norms and make sure that the environment in the organization is safe for employees, prospective clients and visitors.
- The General Manager is responsible for allocating budget resources, formulating policies and coordinating business operations.
- Responsible for monitoring and motivating staff, managing operational costs and improving administrative processes.
- The GM must ensure excellent customer service, engaging with vendors, hiring and training employees to meet the demand of operations.
- The General Manager has the responsibility of coordinating security operations’ activities with public law enforcement, fire service and other agencies.
- Attend meetings, professional seminars or conferences to keep abreast of changes in executive-legislative directives or new technologies impacting security operations.
- Development of budgets for security operations.
- Arrange for, and perform executive protection activities.
- Respond to medical emergencies, bomb threats, fire alarms, or intrusion alarms, following emergency response procedures.
- Recommend security procedures for security call centres, operations centres, domains, asset classification systems, system acquisition, system development, system maintenance, access control, program models or reporting tools.
- Supporting Executive Management in providing leadership to the company.
- Monitor security policies, programs or procedures to ensure compliance with internal security policies, licensing requirements, policies and directives.
- Plan, direct or coordinate security activities to safeguard company assets, employees, guests or others on company properties.
- Supervise subordinate security professionals, performing activities such as hiring, training, assigning work, evaluating performance or disciplining.
- Attend monthly meetings organized by the Association of Private Security Guards in Rivers State alongside the Operations Manager.
- Collect and analyze security data to determine security needs, security program goals or program accomplishments.
- Conduct physical examinations of property to ensure compliance with security policies and regulations.
- Create or implement security standards, policies and procedures.
- Assist in emergency management and contingency planning.
- Devise strategies and procedures regarding loss prevention, fraud prevention, and clients’ privacy.
- Investigate security breaches and develop risk management assessments.
- Carry out such other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director and Executive Management.
- Being physically fit.
- Computer literate and good at administrative functions
- Personal initiative in developing efficient work processes
- Ability to discipline/address any violation of company policy in a decisive and professional manner
- Strong leadership demeanor and skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Being Proactive
- Work Values (e.g. responsibility, honesty, integrity)
- Interpersonal Skills (e.g. customer service, dependability, politeness)
- Candidate to pass through relevant background check.
Key Performance Indicators
- Percentage of Market share
- Development of Security policies
- Number of Clients retained.
- Employee Satisfaction Rating
- Number of Qualified Leads
- Current Accounts Receivables.
- Growth in Revenue
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor´s Degree in Business, Public Administration, or related discipline.
- Relevant experience in security management of at least in reputable security Company
- Minimum years of experience is 5 years. 3 years in a security company as a manager
- Military / Police Force experience will be an added advantage
- Extensive knowledge of the relevant security legislation and regulations
- A well-established network of industry contacts including banks, residential and private companies.
- MBA or any postgraduate qualification will be an added advantage
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Possession of strong management, presentation and negotiation skills as well as proven experience in organizing and directing staff/team work and coordinating such activities to a successful conclusion.
- Requires strong analytical and problem-solving skills to review, evaluate, recommend changes and/or develop and implement new programs as requirements and customer needs change.
- Must have the skill and ability to coordinate and/or support sensitive investigations
- Must have ability to develop unique solutions that balance the needs of the business without loss or compromise of company assets.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize different activities based on providing superior customer service
- Planning, organizing and leadership skills.
- Strong customer service and service delivery orientation.
- Ability to coordinate security operations of Beats dispersed
- Stay up to date with the industry’s standards and requirements (trainings, licenses, PPE)
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, and staff, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Coordinating and conducting oral presentations and group meetings.
- Directing, motivating, training, coaching, and disciplining staff in an impacting and decisive manner