- Currently, we are in search for a Business Development Manager/FundRaiser who would be responsible for securing funding from Donors. The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for identifying opportunities for The organization across several portfolios; developing plans to compete for these funding opportunities; executing those plans, including oversight of pre-solicitation/pre-proposal activities, as well as proposal preparation and submission; and otherwise contributing to the Organization’s external representation and internal fundraising efforts as they relate to donors.
- The ideal candidate should have written successful grants in the past.
- Identify and track relevant upcoming funding opportunities – through advance intelligence gathering, partner relationships, and other available resources
- Manage Actions for pre-solicitation proposal preparations and bid planning including: teaming, bid strategy, development of win-themes, oversight of and contribution to technical design, drafting management and other sections of the proposal in advance of the solicitation.
- Manage proposal submissions, including teaming agreements, oversight of technical design and cost proposal, PPRs, capacity statements, internal review/quality control processes, drafting sections of the proposal where appropriate.
- Represent the organization’s business development interests at relevant meetings, events, and within resource mobilization or donor-specific peer networks.
- Contribute to the expansion of the organization’s consultant roster for key technical and bid preparation functions.
- Event Planning/Project management Responsibilities
- Planning and preparing sales pitches
- Develop and implement event marketing strategy
- Plan conferences; obtain certificates, clearances, and approvals from agencies for events
- Produce reports for management team
Requirements and Qualifications
- Degree in relevant discipline combined with substantive work and international field experience will be considered.
- 3-4 years of experience in successful proposal development for donors and presentation to donors, including pre-solicitation preparation. Experience with solicitations and track record for successful fundraising is required.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, work well under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Ability to effectively communicate with and coordinate activities of multiple partners, including field-based staff.
- Excellent technical skills in writing, editing, formatting, research, negotiation, and verbal communications;
- Attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and a sense of humour;
- International field experience is an added advantage