- An experienced backend web developer who has worked on production web apps and APIs at scale.
- An experienced backend web developer with experience working on communication, financial or accounting applications preferred (USSD, SMS, Payment Gateway integrations etc).
- You have used containerization technologies in production. You can also set up CI deployment pipelines.
- You have deployed applications to AWS or Google Cloud or Azure or any other cloud provider.
- You are also experienced with the use of front-end frameworks such as Vue or angular.
- You can design and implement an API and future-proof it.
- You have a strong opinion on whether APIs should be versioned in the URI or in a response header, and can defend that opinion.
- You know how to upgrade an API while keeping it backwards-compatible for older clients.
- You’re aware of which data fits best in a relational database and which in a no-SQL database.
- You can use a framework-provided ORM, but can also fine-tune SQL queries when needed.
- You know enough database management to create and maintain an efficient schema in mysql, indexes, table partitioning and all.
- You’re experienced enough to avoid most bugs and programming errors, but you use tools such as linters and write unit & integration tests to catch all the others.
- You can secure both internal and public-facing APIs using different methods, including one-time passwords (OTP) for two-factor authentication.
- You consider security and privacy when designing any new features or reviewing existing code.
- You develop on Linux machines and windows.
- Most importantly, one who can communicate clearly and efficiently in writing, as well as in online video/audio calls.
- One who resides live in Lagos.
What you’ll do:
- We’ve build a solid, stable application using Google CLoud functions, and DigitalOcean. Our infrastructure deployments are one-click, via Githubs’s CI/CD pipelines. While we rely on third parties for some key features, we’ve never had any downtime caused by anything we wrote.
- You will help us trim our backlog and keep technical debt in check.
- Writing unit and integration tests for all new features and any bugs fixed.
- You will also perform devOps duties.
- You’ll participate in planning & prioritization meetings to help estimate complexity and think of creative solutions to business and growth problems.
- You need to have the ability and desire to learn and adapt.
What you’ll get:
A workspace in our office , competitive salary (As high as =N=300000 but strictly based on our evaluation of the Candidate skill level via practical tests.) The candidate must convince us on why they should earn that much