Turnkey Africa Limited is a leading Pan-African Insurance Technology and Service Provider. Our Products enable insurance companies to achieve greater business performance visibility, better client insight, improved customer service, better access to intermediaries, product agility/ roll-out and ultimately they leverage our technology to give them access to new product distribution channels.
- The full stack software developer will be part of an agile development team, building and working on Turnquest software systems on top of diverse technology stacks. The full stack developer is required to work alongside other engineers and Business Analysts (BAs) in Kenya, Nigeria and Ghana, collaborating on various stages of the development cycle for our Turnquest products.
- They ensure that the software delivered to customers and project teams is developed with the right level of quality, to schedule and in accordance with the Company standards applicable. Must ensure that the software delivered is fully tested and documented.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be the first line of support to customer issues in the Nigerian market, only collaborating and consulting the HQ team where assistance or information sharing is requisite.
- Collaborating with other software developers, business analysts and software architects, to design, develop, test, and maintain business applications built on diverse technologies.
- Provide automated testing and also modify and test changes to previously developed functionalities.
- Use design principles and product specifications to continuously enhance Turnquest software.
- Recommend solutions to challenges requiring complex technical trade-offs (for example, speed versus reliability or scalability versus overall performance).
- Staying abreast of developments in web technologies and programming languages.
- Enhancing CI/CD pipeline for an optimal process.
- Attending daily standups to ensure commitment and coordination.
- Keep the delivery team updated on the progress of on-progress issues.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- University degree.
- Relevant experience in Software Development and in particular have skills in the use of ADF Technologies, JDeveloper, PLSQL.
- Expertise with mainstream development and deployment toolchains. (IDE, SCCS, CI)
Desirable Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience with Java frameworks like spring, spring security, Hibernate.
- Knowledge of cloud computing technologies, delivery models and understanding of the essential services (SaaS, PaaS and IaaS)
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, etc.)
- A relevant professional qualification in Computer Science, IT or a related discipline in Software development.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to analyse customer requirements and define these as a formal specification for software development
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strategic Thinking, demonstrated by an ability to maintain a broad overview of both technical and business challenges in order to achieve long-term goals whilst realizing short-term objectives.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing at all levels and in a variety of styles and settings.
- Influencing skills, evidencing ability to gain agreement or acceptance through influence, persuasion or negotiation.
- Organizational skills, demonstrating the ability to establish plans of action to effectively ensure the achievement of results.