Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
- The position is based in Damaturu, Yobe State and reports directly the Area Project Manager.
- The FSL Sector Manager will lead the field team implementing FSL activities through cash based interventions and capacity building to improve skills or production in pre-existing livelihood assets.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support the detailed planning and implementation of FSL activities.
- Identify program implementation modalities that enhance partnership & coordination with government official and local communities, internal integration within sectors and other programs (Nutrition, WASH)
- Identify areas of cross-program linkages with other Action Against Hunger programs in Yobe State. Ensure program quality and adherence to program objectives, including respect of Action Against Hunger technical guidelines, systems, and established deadlines.
- In close coordination with the field team, reinforce and coordinate regular program monitoring including supervision, review and provide technical assessments, surveys, design and M&E of the FSL component of the program.
- Development of project procurement and work plans of the FSL component of the program.
- Compile monthly FSL program technical reports with an overview of activities and contextual updates, and quantitative indicator follow-up and submit to Area Manager for consolidation.
- Review reports and gauge program progress against logical framework, ensuring compliance with Action Against Hunger internal and donor’s reporting standards.
- Assist the Area Manager in reviewing FSL program budget and then follow up with support departments to ensure adherence to workplan.
- Review with Area Manager all procurement requests for FSL component before submission to the logistics department.
- Support in follow up on logistics requirements in coordination with the procurement officer and Log manager.
- University degree in FSL related studies eg agricultural-economics, natural resource management, anthropology, disaster risk management etc.
- Minimum of three years’ work experience in humanitarian contexts, with at least 1 year in conflict/insecure contexts.
- Professional, adaptable, flexible and culturally sensitive.
- Excellent team, budget and project management and representation competencies
- Previous experience with food security and livelihoods programming.
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word).
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in English.
- Commitment to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy