Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
- The FSL DPM position’s major objectives are to properly achieve the following global tasks:
- Smooth and timely implementation of the activities in the field with particular follows up of the team at field level;
- Design and capitalization of all aspects of the project in direct link with the Food Security Program Manager.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Implementation And Monitoring Of The Fsl Project(s):
- S/He organizes, schedules and coordinates the FSL activities and the team’s work on a weekly as well as monthly basis.
- S/He supervises the field work of partners or/and contractors and make sure they agree and respect PUI principles.
- S/He monitors closely the implementation of activities at field level with site visits on a regular basis.
- S/He supervises the work schedule of the FSL Supervisors and Officers and provides them support when needed.
- S/He ensures the timely implementation of the project(s).
- S/He shares about the work progress with the Head of Deputy Program Manager on a daily basis or when needed.
- S/He actively takes part in the monitoring of the results achievements and indicators as per indicated in the logical framework.
- S/He mobilizes and encourage the Communities for the activities (daily and free worker, volunteers)
- S/He ensures that all project(s) documents are correctly filled and filed.
- S/He actively contributes to the security analysis in the field and ensure that all measures have been taken and rules followed to ensure security on-site.
- Gives an expertise and contribute to the improvement of activities through critics, analysis and suggestions (food security and livelihood assessments, market, vendor transaction, beneficiary satisfaction, PDM, evaluations, complaints and feedbacks, etc.).
Management the Operational Teams:
- S/He participates to the recruitment process of the FSL Supervisors and Officers.
- S/He supervises the FSL Supervisors and Field Officers and ensure the respect of all human resources rules;
- S/He ensures the administrative HR management of his/her officers (daily attendance, leaves management) in collaboration with the HR department.
- S/He ensures that her/his team complies with PU internal rules.
- In collaboration with the Head of Deputy Project Managers, s/he ensures a regular evaluation process for her/his team with definition and follow-up of clear objectives (Performance Appraisal).
- S/He supports her/his team in building their capacities (Day to day sharing of knowledge and experience, organize training sessions for the FSL Supervisors and Field Officers, develop any FSL pedagogical and methodological tools adapted to the local context…)
Management of the Logistical and Administrative Aspects of the Project(s):
- S/He defines the needs in materials and tools regarding the program and the planning of interventions.
- S/He ensures the follow-up and the proper use of materials and tools used during on-site works.
- S/He manages the supply of materials to the work site in collaboration with logistics department.
- S/He uses the PUI forms for all exchange with the logistic & administration services.
- S/He analyzes the security situation in the area and inform the Head of Deputy Project Managers in case of security incidents, rumours or any security information.
- S/He takes part in the financial follow-up of the project with the Head of Deputy Project Managers.
- S/He contributes to the management of the cash forecast of the project in link with the Head of Deputy Project Managers.
Representation of PUI and Reporting:
- S/He participates in the different working groups and meetings related to her/his field of work.
- S/He provides weekly and monthly internal reporting on activities according to PUI internal tools.
- S/He takes part in external reporting according to the needs (reports to local authorities, donors) in coordination with the Head of Deputy Project Managers.
- Reports immediately any delay, problem or other relevant information to the Head of Deputy Project Managers.
Priorities of the Position:
- The DPM will propose timely and efficient response to the challenges faced during each disbursement (cards management, RedRose platform issues, vendors’ issues…)
- The DPM will actively contribute to the review and the improvement of all the methodology documents for a top-quality monitoring of the activities
- The DPM oversees and manages the food security team in the implementation and the monitoring of the food security and livelihood activities and works in close collaboration with DPMs from other departments to foster the integrated approach
- Good command in English (speaking, reading & writing)
- Fluent in local languages - Kanuri Hausa, etc.
- Bachelor Degree in Agriculture, Food Security, Disaster Risk Management, Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, Rural Development, Agricultural Economics or any relevant field
- At least 2 years of experiences in a relevant position in food security and livelihoods related activity.
- Familiarity of Cash Transfer Programme (CTP) implementation.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Project cycle and project follow up tools (work plan, budget, activities and indicators)
- E-voucher related activities
- RedRose platform
- Team management
- NGO’s logistic and administrative processes (log, fin, HR, procurement)
- Community management
- Good command of English writing
- Conflict management
- Protection sensitivity
- Result driven
- Excellent knowledge of the MS office software including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Capacity to build knowledge of his staffs
- Reporting capacity
- Ability to project and plan in advance
- Knowledge transfer
- Interest for the relief sector
- Interest for Food Security and urban settings activities
- Transversals Skills:
- Excellent communication, conflict solving and diplomacy skills to manage relationship in potentially tense situations
Candidates should submit the following documents:
- Updated CV,
- Letter of Motivation,
- Copy of work certificates,
- Copy of relevant certificates
- Reference contacts.