REPORTS TO: General manager
Directly supervises all front office personnel and ensures proper completion of all front office duties. Directs and coordinates the activities of the front desk, reservations, guest services, and telephone areas. Prepares monthly reports and budget for front office department.
- Trains, cross –trains, and retrains all front office personnel.
- Participates in the selection of front office personnel.
- Schedules the front office staff.
- Supervises workload during shifts.
- Evaluates the job performance of each front office employee.
- Maintains working relationships and communicates with all departments.
- Maintains master key control.
- Verifies that accurate room status information is maintained and properly communicated.
- Resolves guest problems quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
- Updates group information. Maintains, monitors, and prepares group requirements.
- Relays information to appropriate personnel.
- Reviews and completes credit limit report.
- Works within the allocated budget for the front office.
- Receives information from the previous shift manger and passes on pertinent details to the oncoming manager.
- Checks cashiers in and out and verifies banks and deposits at the end of each shift.
- Enforces all cash-handling, check-cashing, and credit policies.
- Conducts regularly scheduled meetings of front office personnel.
- Wears the proper uniform at all times. Requires all front office employees to wear proper uniforms at all times.
- Upholds the hotel's commitment to hospitality.
- Prepares performance reports related to front office.
- Maximizes room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Analyzes rate variance, monitors credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count.
- Monitors selling status of house daily.
- Monitors high balance guest and take appropriate action.
- Ensures implementation of all hotel policies and house rules.
- Operates all aspects of Front Office computer system, including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and simple configuration changes.
- Prepares revenue and occupancy forecasting as well as weather forecast.
- Ensures logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure that employees are, at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all
- guests, managers and other employees.
- Monitors all V.I.P 's special guests and requests.
- Maintains required pars of all front office and stationary supplies.
- Reviews daily front office work and activity reports generated by Night Audit.
- Reviews Front Office log book and Guest feedback forms on a daily basis.
- Maintains an organized and comprehensive filing system with documentation of purchases, vouchering, schedules, forecasts, reports and tracking logs.
- Performs other duties as requested by management.
- Minimum first degree. Must be able to read, speak, write, and understand the primary language used in the workplace.
- Minimum of three years of hotel front desk supervisory experience, experience handling cash, accounting procedures, and general administrative tasks. Must be computer savvy and skillful in the use of Property Management Software(PMS)