ThymeBase is a project management web application for event planners, vendors and clients. Our mission is to help independent businesses work together to put on exceptional events for their clients. Our focus is on improved organization and communication. We’re pre-launch. We’ve spent months working with planners and event vendors and suppliers to get to the heart of their workflow and prototype the tools they need. We’re a fully distributed team and value our remote work. We communicate frequently but give each other the space to be ourselves.
About our team:
We’re a solid team with meaningful startup experience (including scaling up and acquisitions), realistic expectations, and good vibes. The founding team is strong, has experience working remote, and has serious expertise in the event industry, software development, business, and marketing. We’re based in California, Chicago, Israel, and South Africa.
What we’re working on:
We’re building a brand new platform for event planners, vendors and venues. We’re building out the initial infrastructure and features to delight our customers and help them grow their businesses. Work includes creating customer-facing features, back-end development, and third-party integrations.
How you will help:
As a front end engineer, you’ll help us create delightful user experiences with client-side development efforts. You will work with our distributed team to build and scale a young application. We’re open to applications from anywhere in Africa.
- You have 5 or more years of experience working on the front-end.
- You have 2 or more years of experience working with front-end tools like React, Vue, etc and know when it shouldn’t be used.
- You’re experienced with moderns JS and CSS.
- You’re comfortable working remotely.
- You’re happy working with Git and GitHub/GitLab using related workflows.
Our nice-to-have list:
- You’re comfortable contributing your work within a Ruby on Rails codebase.
- You’ve played with stimulusjs.
- You’re based in a European time zone.
The salary will be discussed based on your local market rates, and your unique experience.