Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform normal reception duties, greeting and welcoming customers & patients promptly, warmly and professionally as they come into the Facility or Branch.
- Answering the Front Desk phone(s) in a polite, consistently professional manner, using proper telephone etiquette
- Quickly and efficiently address patient queries by relaying needed information to the patient, e.g. wait time, payment processes, test information, pre-investigation instructions etc. in a pleasant, pleasant & professional manner in order to enhance customer satisfaction and make them feel valued.
- Assist patients to complete the necessary forms and documentation where required.
- Keeping patient appointments on schedule by informing appropriate clinical staff of patients’ arrival or reminding them of patient build-up and service delays.
- Track and obtain customers/patients’ imaging and test results; may communicate, explain or provide additional information with regards to lab and imaging test results, either verbally or in writing as directed or required.
- Generate test reports & results; scan, print and/or email documents to patients/clients or clinicians when required.
- Review such data/results/reports for deficiencies or errors, correcting errors to ensure correct and accurate output.
- Store completed work in designated locations and formats (electronic and/or hard copy files etc.) and perform backup operations when required or requested.
- Retrieve medical data from patient files on request from authorized personnel.
- Maintain the integrity and confidentiality of medical records; keeping such information confidential at all times.
- Provide information to potential and returning clients about current products, services and any ongoing sales promotions of the Company.
- Oversee the overall appearance of the Branch’s Reception or Front Desk area to ensure it is kept clean and organized.
- Help patients in distress by responding to emergencies.
- Ensure the Front Desk and general reception area remains as neat and as presentable as possible at all times with all necessary forms and material readily available for use.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Branch Operations Manager.
Education, Qualifications & Experience
Minimum HND in Business Administration, Business Management or any
Post Graduate Studies
Previous Experience Minimum of one year’s experience in a similar role; preferably in a standard medical facility (hospital or clinic) or diagnostic centre
Working knowledge of modern information filing and retrieval techniques.
Experience using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) or any form
of information management software is a plus
Expected Skills and Competencies
Computer Skills (MS Office & the Internet)
Communication Skills – oral & written
Planning & Organization
Personal Attributes & Physical Demands
Must be very presentable, well-groomed and well-dressed; with a strong customer-orientation and very good communication & interpersonal skills
Friendly, patient and reliable with a high level of maturity, empathy and emotional intelligence
Must be familiar with office machines e.g. phones, computers, printers, scanners, copiers, etc.
Must be able to multi-task; capable of handling several issues simultaneously to deliver results and meet deadlines.