• To ensure that clients and guests visiting the firm are welcomed warmly upon arrival at the Firm’s reception;
• To demonstrate excellent phone etiquette by making phone calls and/or responding to all callers in a friendly, professional and courteous manner;
• To take accurate phone messages and inform appropriately;
• To route callers appropriately to members of the Firm;
• Returns to calls placed on hold every 45 seconds, giving the caller the opportunity to continue holding or to leave a message;
• To make booking arrangements towards meetings;
• To ensure that the reception area is kept neat and tidy at all times;
• Maintain security by following procedures and controlling access;
• To attend to any external dispatch/courier officers and ensure all confidential documents delivered are forwarded to recipients promptly;
• To perform the sorting and appropriate distribution of all mail to all staff; and
• Provide daily report on incoming mail and other correspondence to the Firm;
• Offers coffee or other refreshments to clients or visitors who are waiting at the reception.
1. Demands of the Job:
- Ability and willingness to work long hours where required;
- Ability to work weekends where required to;
- Ability to work with minimal/no supervision;
- Ability to multi task with minimal or no error; and
- Ability to be a proactive thinker and an excellent problem solver.
2. Qualifications: Bachelor of Science or Art (B.Sc. or BA) minimum; and Master of Science or Art (M.Sc. or MBA) optional.
3. Required Experience: Minimum of Two (2) to four (4) years’ relevant front desk experience.
4. Required Personality: Maintains a Professional appearance, Proactive, confident, personable, problem solver, energetic, articulate and hardworking individual with a strong desire to excel and a passion for the work. Should be aged between 24 and 40.
5. Rewards: Reasonably compensated.
6. Knowledge Needs: Candidate must have the requisite knowledge, including, but not limited to:
- Customer and Personal service
7. Skills: Excellent communication and strong presentation skills;
- Strong problem solving, listening and learning skills and proactive/analytical thinking;
- Good reporting skills;
- Absolute command of Microsoft office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access);
- Familiarity with Internet explorer and search engines on the World Wide Web;
- Excellent Administrative ability;
- Excellent Organisational skills with an attention to detail (good at multi-tasking);
- Excellent team-player;
- Project prioritization abilities;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Interpersonal skills; and
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritise and meet concurrent deadlines.
Attitudes: A strong work ethic with a positive, ‘get-it-done’ attitude. Honesty, integrity, stress tolerance, self-control, flexibility/adaptability, independence, self-motivated and commitment to the common goals and values of the Firm.