Care International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
Location: Yusufari, Yunusari & Nguru in Yobe State
Slots: 4 per location
Position Type: Regular
Duration: 4 months (extendable)
- The Food Distribution Supervisor will be responsible of supervising, reporting, planning and organizing the processes of food distribution in the assigned LGAs.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Participate with supervisors in developing action plans of food distribution and introduce proper alternatives and adjustments of processes in accordance with minimum requirements for food distribution.
- Train, assign, supervise, and evaluate the work of subordinate staff.
- Supervise the daily flow of food commodities to programme participants.
- Supervise the maintaining of sanitary and orderly warehouse and storage facilities.
- Ensure that all equipment, food, and supplies are available for the assigned period/daily operation/s on the FDP Warehouse.
- Review, prepare, and submit daily reports as supplies and food delivered.
- Manage crowd and ensure proper alignment of beneficiaries especially women and those of special needs
- Ensure the existence of food distribution equipment's
- Ensure food items are stored in good conditions.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisors.
Qualifications And Requirements
- University degree in related field.
- Minimum 2 year of work experience.
- Previous experience in food distribution supervisory field is preferable.
- Ability to write reports.
- Able to work outside of regular working hours as required, including evenings and weekends if required.
- Patience, good personal organization, good communication and ability to work in teams, seriously, rigorously and personal accountability.
- Initiative, flexibility and willing to learn.
- By submitting your Application for this position you agreed to CARE’s ZERO Tolerance to:
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse and Child Abuse
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.