- Responsible for the overall management of the company’s fleet operations for optimal productivity.
- Draw up operational planning schedules for the unit
- Ensure implementation of standard operational procedures to maintain vehicles by advocating best practices in industry
- Monitor and ensure fleet operations in compliance with local and state rules and regulations.
- Ensure fleet availability to meet all requests by scheduling, forecasting and surveying current user trends
- Ensure use of fleet management software to monitor vehicle performance and cost
- Set up maintenance schedules to ensure each vehicle is kept in top condition in efforts to side-step unexpected repairs and minimize costs
- Review requisition for purchase of spare parts and supplies, review vendor bid, quotations for tools and parts in other to forestall high expenditure
- Monitor and coordinate all repair jobs from internal and external workshops
- Supervise the maintenance team to find ways to reduce downtime due to repairs or lack of routine maintenance
- Ensure prompt dispatch of rental vehicles to reduce loss of income. Ensure proper vehicle registration and documentation for the fleet.
- Streamline and monitor fuel purchase system with assistance of Fuel Cards for all vehicles and drivers
- Collaborate with human resources to add quality drivers to the fleet
- Ensure proper drivers management by team members to avoid poor behaviour, reduce high maintenance cost and regular monitoring of fleets to avoid using vehicles for unauthorized movements
- Develop and manage annual operations budget
- Generate various operations report for management consideration
- Carryout any other duties that may be assigned by management
Qualification and Experience
- B.Sc. Degree in a Business Management field
- 7-8 years relative work experience in a similar role.