Financial Controller Responsibilities:
- Organize company’s day-to-day bookkeeping and accounting procedures and allocate resources effectively and on budget
- Writing daily reports, maintaining records for all transactions, preparing weekly, monthly and quarterly financial reports.
- Update spreadsheets of daily transactions.
- Analyzing financial data i.e. reviewing and tracking budget compliance, KPIs and other financial metrics
- Overseeing and preparing income statements.
- Managing financial transactions: Processing invoices, recording payments, and tracking expenses
- Streamlining accounting functions and operations.
- Coordinating internal and external audit processes.
- Keep records of invoices and tax payments
- Report on financial projections (e.g. liquidity and cash flow)
- Participate in the preparation of documentation for loans and grants.
Financial Controller Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- Proven experience in finance management.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Sound knowledge of accounting fundamentals.
- Auditing experience.
- Compliance oriented.
- Proficiency in word processing and general IT literacy
- Proficiency in spreadsheets and other accounting software.
- Analytical skills.
- Hausa speaking as a bonus
- Willingness to live in a rural area
NB: Accommodation is provided