This role is responsible for the preparation of company’s financials, fund accounting and accounting to
the business. The role supports plans and the implementation of direct Short-term and Long term
financial goals by ensuring fiscal compliance & governance in line with IFRS reporting principles,
regulatory and prudential requirements.
The role involves fund accounting, transactions management and settlement in line with appropriate
channels whilst providing professional advice in an efficient and effective to manner towards achieving
the company’s day to day financial commitment.
General Financial management – Financial book/record is core to the company’s business mission.
Managing the firm financial books in line with our Principle and in accordance with the insurance business, regulatory and prudential requirements.
In addition, there is a working oversight/supervision of fund accounting activities of related entities and subsidiaries
Financial Reporting and Statistical Data analysis- Financial Analysis of income is a key component of company’s financial report, the role is responsible for optimizing the income and liability of company’s financial transactions.
Annual Statutory Audit for the company– the role has the responsibility to keep financial transaction records for statutory audit as specified by the governing laws in line with the IFRS principle.
Group account consolidation and Intercompany reconciliations- the role provide the function of reporting the financial books of consolidated account and assist in tax audit.
Preparation of Management Account on Monthly,Quarterly and Annual basis
in accordance with industry practice and standards and in line with IFRS
Health check of general ledgers
Collection of payroll details from HR for posting into the GL
Reconciliation of Intercompany ledgers with General Business Finance & Life business, where applicable
Posting of journals for Investments, Depreciation, Prepaid rent
Posting of Journals for staff loans etc.
Generation of Trial balance from micro soft Dynamics – NAVISION
Updating of excel template for management account
Keying in of trial balance into excel template to generate management account
Submission of accounts for consolidation.
Preparation and submission of Statutory Returns to Regulatory Authorities –
Monthly Quarterly & Annually
Send e-mail to all relevant departments to obtain their input to the Returns
Update returns with management account and input from other departments
Prepare to cover letter addressed to Regulator to submit returns
Dispatch returns with covering letter to Regulator and obtain
Timely preparation, filing and payment of all
government taxes as appropriate
Payment of PAYE, WHT, and VAT to the government.
Keeping file for all receipts collected from the government in respect of WHT, PAYE, and VAT.
Processing of staff TCC and attending to auditors from LSIR and FIRS on tax matters
Provide required schedules and details to support audit exercise.
Reconcile schedules with Auditors team to align with ledgers
Ensuring that our Company has a query-free audit.
Ensuring that the timeline for audit exercise is achievable and without
disruption of un-available required documents/files/records
Preparation of various supporting schedules for Management accounts i.e.
investments, debtors, fixed assets, cash/bank balances, staff loan records, intercompany transactions
Obtain appropriate template for schedule from the system
Download relevant schedule ledger from Accounting Application
Carry out check to ensure that schedule contains only relevant information and it ties to Financial report
Send schedule to internal or external Auditors as the case may be.
Maintenance of adequate systems of internal control to
effectively safeguard the assets of our company
Management Company and to ensure that all transactions are properly
reflected in the books of the company.
Ensure process is in place that safe guards companies’ assets in the software applications.
Process check to address error transactions.Ensure data are captured and reflected in the books
Support in coordinating
Business activities & initiatives
Support the CEO in the day-to-day administration
Support seamless coordination of inter-departmental relationship
Support the business in identifying areas of need in the market, obtaining
requisite information from relevant parties through interviews and surveys and
coming up with the intended product initiatives.
Support the product and subsequent publicity and awareness
Oversees activities of Employees in Teams (i.e. hires, coaches, appraises rewards,
motivates, discipline, recommends and terminates as necessary.
Works through the teams in setting standards, priorities and schedules.
Employee Engagement for Finance team/group
Inspire and develop team members to implement the strategy and achieve goals and objectives
Provide mentorship to ensure personal and organizational development of your team and companywide
Preparation of & drawing up of Budget Performance & measuring actual performance against
budget. Monthly & Quarterly. Etc.
Obtain financial report for the period under review
Break income and expenditure lines
Break down budget into Monthly figures
Use the MPR template to prepare the report.
Submit the report to the CEO for review and submission to the company’s
Repeat the same process for other budget performance report.
(Required to succeed in Role)
Educational qualifications & functional / technical skills
- First degree in Accounting or Finance related subject (BSc/HND)
- Certified Accountant (ACA, ACCA)
- Additional qualification (M.Sc. in accounting or related course and MBA)
- In-depth knowledge of Financial Accounting and other aspect of
- accounting in general i.e. treasury operations, Investment, Audit,
- Internal control etc.
- In depth knowledge of Investment Accounting
- Knowledge of Investment Laws and other relevant act such as
- CAMA, FRCN Act, and Various Tax laws.
- Knowledge of Guidelines issued by IFRS from time to time either
- current or past
- Ability to understand Investment transactions and give appropriate
- accounting interpretation as required by various laws & standards
- Good Knowledge of relevant Accounting standards i.e. IFRS, IAS
- Must have an eye for details and be very observant of hidden issues
- inside numbers.
- Ability to think out of the box
- Ability to interpret financial reports and gain meaningful insight into it
- Must be highly proficient in the use of Microsoft office application
- such as Excel, Word, PDF, Power Point, Outlook etc. Must be able to
- use simple accounting application such as Microsoft Dynamics,
- SAGE, etc.
- Good Knowledge of Investment applications
- Ability to build accounts from Trial Balance to Final account with
- Relevant experience (type of experience and minimum number of
- Minimum of 8 years in Finance department of a well-established
- corporate organization with at least 5 years in Financial &
- Investment industry.
- Attitude and behavioral traits • Very Strong numerical skills, including proven ability to
- project/process manage
- Ability to deal with tight timelines, multiple priorities
- High degree of professionalism, maturity and confidentiality
- Very good interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to see the big picture and provide useful and strategic
- advice that can move the company forward from financial
- reporting perspective
- Creative, forward thinker
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills