The British Council is the world's leading cultural relations organization and creates opportunities for people in the UK and worldwide to understand each other, to work together and learn from one another. We see this as crucial to building secure, more prosperous and sustainable futures for us all. We build trust and understanding between different countries and cultures and develop strong international links that are of benefit to people in Britain and the rest of the world.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the overall guidance of the Accountant, the intern(s) duties will include:
- Scanning of invoices after due diligence has been performed by the Accountant
- Assist the Accountant in monthly tax remittance and filing
- Assist the Accountant in carrying out pre-banking activities
- Any other task as reasonably requested by the Accountant or Senior member of the Finance team
- Learning and development opportunities for the intern:
- General understanding of the work and mission of the British Council and how it contributes to the development of the Education system in Nigeria
- Insight and hands-on experience in day-to-day Accounting systems and procedures
- Becoming familiar with working in an International Organization and in a multicultural environment
- Management and Support for the Role
- The intern will report to the Accountant based in Abuja.
- S/he will be expected to work closely with other members of the Finance team and key internal stakeholders.
- Be a recent graduate (graduated within the last 2 years) with excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Have strong written and oral communication skills in English;
- Be computer literate with a high degree of proficiency in the use of MS Word, MS Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Have an interest in Financial Accounting.
- Experience in an Accounting role.
- The intern will be paid equivalent N50,000 per month.
- This is a short-term intern position; intern roles are not a prelude to longer-term employment with the organization. If opportunities for further paid employment to arise, these will be advertised and interns who apply will be considered against the same criteria as other applicants.