Our client is looking to hire a Finance Officer to carry out the following responsibilities:
- Oversee accounting processes and procedures for the organization and its projects by
- Ensure timely and accurate recording of all financial transactions in line with organizational and donor requirements and deadlines.
- Monitor the petty cash and bank balances to ensure sufficient funds are always available depending on the programme needs.
- Ensure accounts are complete, current and stored accurately.
- Post cheque and cash payment vouchers into Quick books (Knowledge of QuickBooks Compulsory).
- Ensure the organisation meet all its commitments to the donors and be the contact person for donors in all finance - related matters.
- Ensure monthly and other annual and periodic financial reports are forwarded to management and donors within the stipulated deadlines.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Ensure timely and accurate invoicing and proper archiving of financial records
- Provide an overview of the performance of the suppliers and be overall responsible for the timely disbursement of the financial instalments to suppliers.
- Manage the organisation's various income streams – individuals, funders etc.
- Manage the organisation’s budgets.
- Establish and prepare accurate and timely information for budget monitoring and progress reporting of programme funds and grants.
- Develop a realistic annual budget and making sure that it includes enough income to cover all planned expenditure.
- Ensure weekly accounts reconciliation for the benefit of the ED.
- Develop monthly management accounts for the organisation's board.
- Previous work experience in a similar role
- Post-secondary education/qualifications in Accounting or any related field
- Computer proficiency in Ms office and accounting packages preferably QuickBooks.
- Excellent verbal, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal English.
- High comfort level with computer excel tools.
- Ability to work under direction and to exercise personal responsibility and autonomy to meet objectives.
- Ability to work well with senior management, colleagues and the public.
- High degree of trustworthiness, discretion & confidentiality.
- Ability to plan, schedule and monitor work to meet deliverables in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates an analytical & systematic approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to make decisions which influence the success of a project or enhances team objectives.