A firm in the engineering sector seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
- The Finance Manager will be a critical member of the organization's executive team and help shape the organization's strategy. The position will report to the General Manager and will be responsible for ensuring that the firm is well-capitalized, has a healthy portfolio of assets and is compliant with all relevant legal & accounting laws in Nigeria and other African markets. Some important duties that will be assigned to the person will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Create the firm's capitalization and fund raising strategy such that it meets the growth projections of the firm.
- Create new and innovative financing structures that meet the needs of a global mix of investors.
- Lead the process of raising capital through equity, debt, quasi-equity and other structured products from international and domestic investors.
- Interact regularly with investors and ensure strong relationships with existing & future investors.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure products are priced to meet customer needs and achieve profitability targets.
- Portfolio and Credit Risk management:
- Design, implement and refine the firm's Credit Model so as to ensure a healthy portfolio.
- Set appropriate portfolio quality metrics and ensure that the balance sheet has the appropriate provisions.
- Set the direction for the Portfolio & Credit management team and manage a high-caliber team to deliver the required portfolio quality.
- Accounting, Compliance and Legal:
- Recruit, manage and lead a team that will ensure the firm is compliant with accounting, statutory and legal regulations.
- Design and implement robust accounting control processes to protect the firm's assets, while also ensuring that the processes efficiently serve other parts of the firm.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- At least 5+ years’ working experience for companies operating in the financial services or asset leasing sectors in emerging markets.
- Experience raising capital in the financial services or infrastructure sectors through innovative methods such as structured-finance or project finance approaches.
- At least 5+ years of senior leadership experience with managing a large credit portfolio.
- Vast experience in financial modeling and unit pricing.
- At least 5+ years of experience in leading the finance and accounting function of a fast-growing company.
- Demonstrated excellence in hiring, managing, and leading world-class teams.
- High levels of integrity.
- Experience in fast moving entrepreneurial organizations will be highly valued.