A company is seeking to engage a Farm Manager to assume responsibility for it’s integrated farm operations in a rich farming region of southwest Nigeria.
The company runs a successful integrated farming operation located on a large hectares of land in the Iwo area, currently producing large amount of animal and market garden products. It uses leading-edge technology, systems and processes to ensure maximum productivity and efficiency in all areas of its business.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the position of Farm Manager will involve, but not limited to the following responsibilities and duties:
- Management of day-to-day farming operations
- Strategic management and planning
- Management of staff
- Financial management
- Marketing management
- Asset management.
As the leader of a talented and dedicated team, the successful person must demonstrate the following characteristics:
- A strong people manager, communicator and motivator
- A strategic thinker and problem solver
- A demonstrated team player capable of working both within the team and independently
- Honest, reliable and dependable
- Well-developed literacy, numeracy, and computer skills.
Skills and Abilities:
- Get-it done, Execution focused!
- Honest and dependable.
- Passionate, strategic, breathes ownership.
- Excellent stakeholder management and relational skills
- High bar for excellence and strong analytical skills.
- Interpersonal relational skills, highly diplomatic and yet result focused.
- Tolerance for ambuity, and at the same time intellectual swiftness to map out plans.
- Ability to think strategically and holistically and to appreciate the systemic impact of various policies, issues and solutions
- Strong understanding of the dynamics of the peculiar markets/customer environments in which the Company plays i.e. the agricultural sector.
- Strong business acumen and ability to identify and convert opportunities.
- Strong awareness and understanding of local regulations related to private sector businesses with emphasis on Agric. Business.
- Political correctness, tact and ability to foster and sustain relationships with customers and other stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholder relationships and develop business opportunities along the Agric Business value chain.
- Ability to manage budgets and perform financial analysis.
- Strong understanding of project management and continuous improvement methodologies
- Strong leadership/supervisory and people management skills.
- Good appreciation and working knowledge of business productivity and Agricultural tools as well as other applicable tools.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of First degree in any Agricultural Management discipline or equivalent field.
- Minimum of Eight (8) years cognate experience in agriculture, of which at least three (3) must have been at an executive/strategic management level.
- Experience in managing the core operations of a similar structured entity.
- An MBA or equivalent and other relevant training programs and courses would be an added advantage
The company is determined to attract the best possible candidate for this position and has designed a remuneration package accordingly.
The position would require relocation of the successful applicant to the Farm community which is adequately equipped with staff residence and the warmth of the host Iwo community, being a strong and friendly rural-urban community with excellent lifestyle facilities suitable and easily adaptable for relocation.