- Read and understand the financial processes and procedures of the company and work accordingly.
- Prepare financial reports after studying the details about various financial transactions being made by the company. This is done under the guidance of a senior finance executive or finance supervisor.
- Assist the accountants in reviewing the financial statements and cross checking its accuracy.
- Point out issues in the financial statement and provide information about the same to the accountants so that it may be rectified.
- Review the accounting ledgers prepared by the accountants and ensure that these are correct.
- Review the journal entries to check their accuracy.
- Ensure tasks assigned are completed within the time frame set for the same.
- Maintain records of the financial transactions.
Qualifications & Skills
- First Degree (B.Sc) in Economics, Finance, Accounting or a related discipline.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- An analytical approach to work
- High numeracy and sound technical skills
- Problem-solving skills and initiative
- Strong attention to detail and an investigative nature
- Good IT skills