GDM Group strives to achieve through the combined operations of her equity member companies and her adjunct consultants of over 400 years of combined commercial experience. We offer from one-off sales of marketing project to end to end management off commercial projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
Essential duties/key job roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage third-party financial service providers e.g. Auditors and Accountants.
- Analyze financial performance against key business metrics and document pertinent financial highlights that will enable management to determine progress against budgets.
- Prepare the management accounts, and seek to implement a best practice approach for financial accounting controls.
- Contribute towards, and implement the necessary controls to protect the organization’s assets and prevent any potential areas of fraud.
- Assist the business with the preparation of the detailed annual budget and forecasts.
- Responsible for collating inputs, preparing, obtaining approval and funding for weekly budgets. Manages budget disbursement and reconciliation.
- Support business continuity through timely funding of approved requests.
- Ensure reports meet with regulations of state and federal laws.
- Ensure remittance of all statutory payments within agreed timeline.
- Manage new and existing regulatory requirements where appropriate and incorporate them into the financial and management accounts.
- Responsible for all of the outputs of the payroll function with a view to putting in place the necessary controls and checks that ensures all employees are paid accurately and on time.
- Management, development and performance evaluation of all members of the Finance Team.
- Manage receivables and other Finance related Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with customers; including weekly updates on customer accounts.
- Manage and archive financial records / documentation e.g. invoices, purchase orders, financial reports, et cetera.
- Identify, investigate, and analyze potential operational improvement. As appropriate, based on findings make proposal for operational changes (policy, procedures, processes, et cetera).
- Ensures all accounts are correct & up-to-date on the ERP
- Ensures periodic/ annual audit of accounts as per schedule & VAT audit
- Ensures 100% statutory compliance: VAT, WHT and appropriate posting
- Checking/ comparison/ reconciliation of cost data and flag deviation(s) where it exist at the earliest possible time.
- Compilation of budget in alignment with marketing, sales & operations
- Below are key output measurable expected of the Finance Manager:
- Management Accounts - i.e. Monthly P&L, Cash flow (monthly and weekly) and Balance Sheet (Statement of Financial Position).
- Budgets and forecasts - Annual and weekly.
- Statutory payments.
- Financial record database.
- Weekly customer and supplier account.
- Invoices, invoice trackers and invoice reports.
- B.Sc Accounting / Finance
- CPA or MBA Preferred
Relevant Working Experience:
- Minimum of 8 years, including 3 years in similar position
- ICAN, ACCA or equivalents.
Knowledge, Skills & Attitude:
- Have a flair for numbers, work well with people, aggressively anticipate impacts of workload/issues to team deadlines and have a very positive work attitude including willing to work some longer hours during peak periods.
- Advanced understanding of service delivery work flow and business processes.
- Conversance and mastery of prevalent / leading accounting systems / software.
- Conversance with financial / accounting regulations of state and federal laws.
- Strong experience in income statement analysis.
- Advanced Excel skills, ability to work with lookups and pivot tables.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- An appreciation of customer expectations with a customer-oriented approach to results, including internal stakeholders.
- Self-motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects.
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.