The Finance Manager’s (FM) role is to: plan, implement and manage the financial activities of the company, including strategic planning and budgeting, treasury management, financial control and risk management. The FM’srole will also lead some aspects of the company's investor relations and oversee its partnerships with financing institutions
- High Critical, Analytical, Strategic Thinking and Problem-Solving skills
- Ability to plan, execute and monitor work across business functions and geographical locations
- Experience managing large teams and leading transformation
- Thorough knowledge of finance and accounting principles and procedures
- In-depth knowledge of corporate finance law and risk management practices
- Good interpersonal skills, Team player with a high sense of Emotional intelligence
- Organisational management skills and ability to manage deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Conflict prevention and resolution experience.
- Ability to take decisive action on opportunities to achieve specific outcomes. Convey a sense of urgency when appropriate and persists in the face of obstacles. Get results and add value
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information in a sensitive and tactful manner.
- Ability to plan, manage and follow through on assignments and communicate at all levels of the leadership within the organization –in a timely and professional manner
- Proficiency in IT and relevant accounting software.
Responsibilities will include the following:
i. Strategic Functions
- Assist in the strategy formulation process of the company's and support on the tactical initiatives –as required by the finance role
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans –as required by the finance role
- Provide strategic financial analysis and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the Company (i.e. growth, new markets, and evaluation of potential alliances, employee benefits, retirement plans, and investments).
- Undertake financial analysis periodically and timely strategic financial statements, to assist the Senior Management Team in evaluating the profitability of income streams and potential for cost efficiencies
- Would be required to enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce Financial policies and procedures of Company by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the company.
Accounting and Finance Management
- Prepare and send accurate, complete and timely financial and management reports, which will include weekly/monthly/quarterly management accounts and balance sheet control Oversee, monthly reconciliation of all Company Bank accounts
- Treasury & Working Capital Management –manage authorization of weekly electronic and manual payments and management of foreign exchange requirements.
- Act as liaison with bankers on loan facilities and other correspondences.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection and facilitate cash management policies that balance receivables collection with payables and include a minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Prepare the cash flow statements, income and expenditure accounts, tax returns and balance sheet to be presented and a monthly performance review session
- Manage monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes.
- Test, enhance, and maintain reporting tools and systems.
- Ensure all associates in the department adhere to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Financially assess and model new business expansion opportunities.
- Assess the financial impact of strategic changes to existing practices and policies.
- Produce accurate P&L projections by managing the cost forecast process, together with detailed analysis and KPI reporting.
- Perform monthly Balance Sheet account analysis and financial statement.
- Produce comprehensive month-end accounts pack for distribution.
- to ensure that the company is in compliance with all statutory requirements including:
- Payment and filing of VAT returns,
- PAYE and Pension remittance
- Withholding deduction and remittance
- Corporate Income Tax-Liaising with auditors on the payments.
- Drafting and management of the annual budget
- Monitor budget development, forecasts, compensation planning, variances justification, and expense control.
- Lead the development of operating budgets and make resource allocation recommendations to senior staff.
- Liaise with budget holders to support financial modelling, forecasting, and close processes
- Coordinate the annual financial budgeting process to ensure alignment with stakeholders.
- Monitor expenditure to ensure adherence to the company’s fiscal year budget.
- Continuously improve on the budgeting process through engagement of other departmental heads on financial issues impacting department budgets.
- Analyze budget variances and consolidate the financial statement for further analysis.
- Ensure timely submission of all external reports such as Audit/Tax Reports etc.
- Ensure that annual audit requirements are met.
- Payroll: Supervise monthly payroll operation, PAYE and management of employer stakeholder pension plan.
Education and Qualifications Requirements
- 10+ Years proven work experience in Finance or Accounting and able to transition into the role of a CEO in future
- Proficiency in accounting software
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- MSc/MBA or relevant certification (e.g. ACCA/ICAN) is a plus