Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
Duration: 3 months
Start Date: 01/12/2018
General Description of the Position
- Under the supervision of the Deputy Country Director Support, your mission is to support the SWAP of Nigeria Mission under ACF-FR management by advising the Nigeria finance team in rolling out ACF-FR financial procedure.
- This phase of the support is centered on the initial rollout of ACF-FR accounting and financial procedures through training/coaching and tools implementation.
- Prepare and Train the Mission on the New Financial Process:
- Review and adjust the SAGA parameter to ensure that the new SAGA will be usable from the January accountancy
- Review and adjust 2019 MFPs to ACF FR financial plans template
- Provide and explain the FR DOC-FIN
- Prepare the new Tools in advance, to be used from the 1st of January (According to the Financial/SAGA data from ACF-US)
- Review the global changes between US and FR process with the Financial team (capital and bases) and train them to the new tools (Assumption / Financial Plan / Treasury Forecast/BFUs/risk management tools)
- Implementation of SAGA RH in capital
- Review and explain the new Communication Links with Paris – HQ
- Verify and adjust the global “Match Table” for the accountancy of the ongoing grants, and disseminate it among the relevant departments
- Sensitize the other department to the change due to this transition.
Provide an overview of and global support to the Finance department of the Nigeria mission:
- Review of the global cash flow for all ongoing projects and ensure all installments (received/planned) are identified and taking into account for both HQ and at Mission Level
- Identified any financial issue link to the current grants and share these with both HQ
- Asset the level of the field team / provide any support needed in order to be sure that the new process is understood / advice on the support needed in the future to ensure a good transition.
Support the January accountancy closure:
- Ensure that all the expenses done previously are taking into account (Checking of the pending folder with the Logistic department)
- Review and ensure that all Class 4 are identified and taking in account
- Review and ensure that all depreciation are identified and taking in account
- Ensure that all necessary check/controls are done according to ACF-US process and the January Accountancy provided on time according to the fixed deadlines.
- You hold a Postgraduate Diploma in Finance
- You have successful experience in the humanitarian sector as finance or admin coordinator with the complex budget arrangement. You hold a strong financial background, knowledge, and understanding of donor requirements
- You are recognized for your autonomy, your organizational and multitasking skills
- You can demonstrate a high capacity for work and are a challenge-seeker with a high degree of flexibility.
- Previous experience with ACF FR is highly recommended: knowledge tools and process, good Excel level and good training capacities.
- Fluency in English and French is mandatory.
Specific Conditions / Salary
- Monthly gross salary from 1805 to 2305 € euros upon experience
- Per diem and living allowance: 482 € (cf euro cost) net, field paid.
- + 12 % of monthly gross salary as country allowance.
- + 16% of monthly gross. For non-French citizen for retrocession of retirement and unemployment insurance.
- + 100 € per month per child, limited to 5 children.
- 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
- 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- + 20 RnR per year.
- + 215 € at each RnR period (averagely every 8 weeks)
- Training on finance tools before departure if needed
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.