A leading pharmaceutical company based in Lagos, is seeking a Finance Director to lead the financial operations of the company. Details on the specific responsibilities and minimum qualifications are provided above.
- S/he will manage the organization’s financial operations, including oversight of accounts payables and receivables, budgeting, production of financial statements and reports, and advise the senior management team on financial decisions.
- The Finance Director is responsible for monitoring and maintaining internal controls while overseeing financial systems and related compliance requirements.
The Finance Director will:
- Direct the day – to - day accounting operations including oversight of accounts payable and receivable, and maintenance of the general ledger.
- Prepare, analyze and present financial reports (income statements and balance sheets) in an accurate and timely manner; clearly, communicate monthly and annual financial statements to the MD/CEO.
- Lead the annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the MD/CEO; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and produce monthly budget versus actual reports.
- Manage the company’s cash flow and forecasting and lead in the search and acquisition of growth funding and liquidity gap finance.
- Oversee audit and tax functions, coordinate activities with outside audit/accounting firms and review firms’ performance.
- Develop appropriate investment strategies and oversee their implementation.
- Produce periodic, quarterly and yearly financial reports.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices.
- Remain up-to-date on best financial practices in line with statutory guidelines.
- Any other assigned duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field.
- Professional qualification – ICAN or ANAN is a most have. MBA will be an added advantage.
- 10+ years relevant work experience.
- Working knowledge of audits, and other regulatory requirements in the financial sector.
- Expert knowledge and skills in the use of computer, including Office suites, with advanced proficiency in Excel and SAP.
- The ability to work independently.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Superior written and verbal communications skills.
- Age bracket: 45-55years
- Interested and qualified candidates should forward a cover letter along with their curriculum vitae to