- The job requires a qualified, experienced individual who has experience of financial control and administration activities in a commercial environment.
- Reporting to the Managing Director, the Finance and Administration Officer is to provide finance and Administrative support functions through the timely and accurate processing of administrative, HR financial and accounting data, Ensure that all financial transactions, procurement, and administrative processes comply with sot company policies and procedures as well as development partners regulations.
- Preparation of budgets
- Preparation of monthly management accounts in line with GAAP and IFRS regulations, highlighting performance against budget,
- Prepare regular forecasts of revised financial position.
- Administration of payments, payroll, pensions, and petty-cash. Responsibility for audited financial statements and external audit processes,
- Preparation! submission of statutory returns for the government, revenue services, etc
- Manage relationships with banks and other financial institutions,
- Preparation and reporting of cash flow projections highlighting funding requirements,
- Implementation of internal controls/accounting systems
- Identify any risks, irregularities, lack of compliance that may become evident from internal/external audits.
- Filing tax returns
- Ensuring financial policies are implemented and controlled in line with group policies
- Receive cash and cheque payments on behalf of the company, issue receipts and ensure daily banking;
- Process payments, ensuring accuracy and that all supporting documents are attached and appropriately approved
- Maintain the cheques remittance register, manage the checkbooks to ensure security and reconcile canceled cheques;
- Manage petty cash, carry out daily reconciliations and monthly cash counts.
- Establish the necessary systems and procedures to safeguard the Foundation’s fixed assets including the maintenance of complete accurate and up to date fixed assets register. Undertake annual asset verification.
Administrative and HR duties:
- Perform administrative and strategic HR functions including; Coordinate submission at relevant documents by all new employees, Proper tiling of staff employment documents, ensure staff files ore updated, Maintenance of records related to vocations, sick leave, grievances, and other staff matters, determine staff training needs and organize relevant training for staff. Prepare payroll for Agridrive staff in Nigeria. Facilitate travel logistics for Agridrive staff
- Motor vehicle fleet management including approval and computation of drivers overtime
- Coordinate benefits information such health, social security, insurance, pension for Agridrive staff in Nigeria
- Management of Marketing Information Support system (MISS)
- Assist n the negotiations of terms and contracting processes for all service providers.
- Assuring the secretariat of the bid evaluation committees that may from time to time be set-up to review bids and is the advisor of the procurement process.
- Coordinate procurement of goods f services in liaison with the relevant the MD and Head of Operations
- Prepare LPO's and of her procurement documentation in line with the Procurement Policies and Procedures Manual.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Accounts, Commerce, Business Administration or related field;
- CPA II, ACCA II or other relevant qualification; and
- Progressively responsible finance and admin experience at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Advance knowledge and use of accounting software(s), spreadsheets and database packages and experience in handling of web-based management systems will be on added advantage
Key Skills & Competencies
- Data entry and records maintenance Skills;
- Bookkeeping and accounting skills;
- Good communication and presentation skills
- User knowledge of financial management and accounting skills and packages and business acumen
- Ability to work with different schedules and to meet stringent deadlines-Good analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment
- High level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including the ability to build alliances and collaborative relationships with sensitivity to diversity
- Ability to maintain high standards of integrity; establish straightforward. productive relationships; treating individuals with fairness and respect.
- Covering Letter should state why you think that you are suited to this role and highlight relevant experience, skills, and qualifications.
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.