Solar Turbines - Headquartered in San Diego, California, USA, Solar Turbines Incorporated, a subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of industrial gas turbines, with more than 15,000 units and over 2 billion operating hours in over 100 countries.
Products from Solar Turbines play an important role in the development of oil, natural gas, and power generation projects around the world. Solar Turbines’ products include gas turbine engines (rated from 1590 to 30,000 horsepower), gas compressors, and gas turbine-powered compressor sets, mechanical-drive packages and generator sets (ranging from 1 to 22 megawatts).
Auto req ID: 6408BR
- This position serves as a company technical and administrative representative and deals with customer service assignment including on-site preventive maintenance and inspection service work, call-out services and partial commissioning activities on Solar gas turbine packages.
- Under general direction, independently determines and develops approaches to solutions to customer requirements and problems.
Nature and Scope
- The Field Service Representative will report directly to the Fleet Manager. Advanced knowledge of methods and experience in the maintenance of all Solar product lines is a must.
- Understands and complies with Solar and customer HSSE policies and procedures. Ensure the work permit system is complied with. Ensure safe site and practices. Participates by attending general safety and toolbox safety meetings and completing all required safety training including CLMS training. Also suggests safety improvements.
- Ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded. Ensure all maintenance activities are carried out in accordance with Solar Engineering specifications, recommendations, and best practices.
- Must have basic knowledge of methods and experience in the maintenance of various equipment associated with primary and utility equipment.
- Must be able to proactively recognize electrical/mechanical abnormalities and potential safety problems at and take appropriate action to prevent a serious safety hazard from developing and causing damage to equipment. Provide daily reports to the relevant manager on projects or daily work. Keep abreast of pending work and personnel required to complete the projects.
- Ensure that necessary parts are available and submit materials requisitions when required.
- Accurately report and update all equipment histories to effectively forecast equipment utilization and efficiency. Coordinate any changes necessary to ensure operations are efficient and minimal downtime is required. Ensure effective communication and reporting to immediate supervision and if applicable, customer representatives.
- Utilize sound judgment when analyzing problems. Solve problems with little or no supervision in a timely and cost-effective manner. Will be aware of procedures and options for identifying sources of information and technical advice. Will have sufficient product knowledge to repair and adjust minor mechanical/electrical components/systems and will be capable of reading applicable drawings and technical manuals. Work individually or with assigned FSR’s on the preventive/corrective maintenance. Will be required to assist in a technical manner with the operations and maintenance crew in any area if the workload exceeds the number of personnel available.
- Monitor maintenance services or installation support to ensure they are carried out within Solar Engineering specifications, recommendations and in a safe manner in accordance with the HSSE policies and procedures.
- Utilize the Work Force Management Process and system to manage work orders. This includes performing pre-work by reviewing and updating site safety information, managing employee information, and availability. The WFM application will also be used to record and report time, manage software and drawing changes, generate daily reports, review hardship data, and manage the task library.
- The incumbent will have served a recognized apprenticeship or equivalent period of training.
- Will possess a technical qualification e.g. Degree, HNC/ HND, ONC, C&G, Aviation Engineer’s license, Marine Engineers Certificate.
- Relevant experience in a related industry.
- Higher experience/skill levels may balance lower academic qualifications and vice versa.
- Experience in an overseas/offshore environment is essential, also familiarity with rotating equipment and PLC systems.
- This experience may be either Mechanical or Instrument/ Electrical and the FSR will be capable of a cross-disciplined approach to the job.
- The FSR will be familiar with Gas Turbine theory and operational practice including control system logic, driven equipment, and processes both upstream and downstream.
- The FSR will have the ability to program and basic troubleshooting on PLC systems.
- The FSR will hold and maintain an offshore medical and survival certificate and/or other training/certifications as needed.
- Knowledge of generators and vibration are troubleshooting a plus
- Instrumentation and electrical troubleshooting.
- Solar Turbines offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vacation, 401k, incentive bonus, tuition reimbursement, and professional development/advancement opportunities.
- Applicants must be currently eligible to work in the country in which this position is located. For information on employment eligibility in the United States, please visit the U.S. Immigration Services website.
- This position does not qualify for relocation.