Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading public health non-governmental organisations (NGOs) in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV and AIDS prevention, treatment, care and support, primary health care system strengthening and Maternal and Child Health. SFH works in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation among other international donors. We seek to recruit qualified persons as a result of growth in the organisation. We offer professional opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration.
- Field Finance Officer-TBTPP
- Society for Family Health TB Treatment and Prevention Project
Duration of Contract:
- Full time, fixed-term contract - Sixteen (16) months
- The Finance officer will be responsible for the fiscal integrity of all activities of the programme. S/He shall provide the Project Manager with necessary and timely financial information for programme decision making.
- S/He shall be responsible for consolidating financial report of both the State Coordinator and the Private Health Facility Providers for submission to SHOPS Plus.
- S/He shall be responsible for preparation of consolidated Financial Report, quarterly forecast and fund request/disbursement.
- S/He shall be the Project Manager’s backbone in budgeting and budgetary control. S/He shall work together with team to respond to external audit requirements and other regular reviews of the project.
- S/He shall review all journals/ payment vouchers to ensure adherence to organisational financial policies and terms of the grant. S/He shall ensure bank reconciliations are carried out on a monthly basis and are reviewed and approved.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Review postings and all financial transactions on the project.
- Prepare and ensure timely submission of project financial reports to the donor.
- Work with the finance officers in of all project partners/participating PPMVs and CPs and provide guidance to ensure adherence to all financial requirements and standard and ensure all transactions meet donor expectation
- Undertake periodic field support visits to review hardcopy support documents and all other transactions to ensure they meet all donor expectations
- Undertake monitoring of project financial statements and will carry out monthly bank reconciliation and Burn rate analysis and advise management team appropriately
- Prepare Cash flow statement and will represent the project in monthly cash flow meetings
- Lead in overall budget preparation and grant management and will provide technical support in responding to the Donors in all issues relating to budgeting and grant management
- Prepare projects financials and will coordinate management response to both internal and external financial audits which will take place throughout the duration of the project
- Represent management in relevant meetings with other partners where financial matter relating to the grant will be discussed
- Support the programme team in routine supportive supervisory visits/monitoring of PPMVs/CPs on the project to ensure the standard is adhered to cross all facilities in the state
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Project Director
- Must possess a first degree in Accounts or Financial Management and a relevant Masters’ degree will be an added advantage.
- Must also possess a recognized professional accounting qualification – ACA or ACCA, ICAN or other professional bodies.
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years post NYSC experience
- Must show demonstrable experience managing the preparation of financial planning memoranda, including identifying and evaluating key risks, and determining budgets and staff assignments
- Must have expert knowledge of financial, risk management and assessment
- Must have good experience with drafting financial reports
- Must have very good knowledge of the current financial and corporate governance regulatory environments
- Previous experience in a donor-funded environment or good knowledge of international donor rules and regulations will be an added advantage
- Must be an analytic and decisive decision maker with strong organisational and planning skills, attention to detail and follow through
- Must be able to multitask and manage audits within agreed budgets and timelines
- Must have very strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills including a high level of tact and diplomacy, a collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality
- Must have demonstrated proficiency using intermediate level office software applications, including spreadsheets and databases
- Must be able to supervise and mentor staff and review work papers to ensure they meet internal quality assurance standards
- Demonstrable passion for SFH’s mission; a hands-on manager with the ability to maintain the confidentiality of information and materials; a high level of integrity and ethics beyond reproach
Compensation & Benefits
- The compensation package for this position is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented candidates.
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should forward a one-page Application Letter (using the position reference as the subject), addressed to the "Director, Human Resources", clearly providing evidence of competencies required for the job and current remuneration and send.
- Applicants should send the application, as well as a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae clearly indicating current telephone numbers, e-mail address and contact details to the email address above
- Please note that the subject of your email application should be the "Application Code" of the position being applied for. Please include the names and contact details (including telephone and e-mail addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional achievements.
- All applications will be treated in confidence. Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- This project is subject to securing donor funding and the precise details of timelines and tasks are subject to change prior to project start-up. We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.