Professional Advising and Consulting
· Participates in identifying needs for external support and advice elaborates on policy recommendations and develops a strategic approach to managing the assigned programme or project
· Monitors project progress, reviews reports and documents concerning the progress of collaborative programs, determine bottlenecks and recommends alternative courses of management action to the Program Manager
Networking and Cooperation
· Responsible for maintaining relationships with farmers and institutions
· Co-operates with and ensures regular contacts and dialogues: does PR work and cooperates with local communities, relevant organisations, non-governmental bodies and persons within the project/programme environment as well as with other projects in order to enhance and maintain good working relationships
Management and Coordination Tasks
· Responsible for coordinating all BMP activities (field visits, farmer sensitization, training, data collection and collation, reporting, etc.) at the BMP demonstration sites.
· Coordinates and prioritises relevant project activities at the local level in cooperation with the partners, as well as in organizational preparation and in the implementation of these activities
Training farmers and plantation staff in good agronomic practices
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· University Degree in Agricultural Science, Agricultural Business, or relevant subject.
· Minimum 4 years’ experience in similar role
- Experience in working with policymakers, researchers, consultants and knowledge brokers in International Cooperation
- Experience in facilitating community development activities
- Superior presentation and facilitation skills
- Capable of working in a dynamic, intercultural, multi-stakeholder setting
Excellent communication skills with the ability to produce professional reports in English.
If you believe you have the skills and experience to fulfill this challenging and rewarding role, kindly send your application with updated resume to [email protected] by the closing date November 20, 2018. Please indicate the position in the subject.
High priority would be given to qualified female applicants.
Please visit our website:www.solidaridadnetwork.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.