Inspire Tech Farms – Farm Manager Job Pack
Applications that have not answered in full the screening questions contained within this advert will be immediately rejected.
Applicants must provide 2 guarantors for employment
Applicants must be able to provide previous employers reference
- The position of the Farm Manager is a leadership and management position in the Company.
- The Farm Manager is charged with the overall responsibility of ensuring that all farm activities run smoothly and profitably with sound administrative and technical practices.
- The farm manager will visit the farm at least 3 times week post planting
- Effective management of assistant manager and farm hands
- Carrying out frequent meetings with the farm hands
- Carry out weekly 1:1 meetings with the farm hands to ensure that they are meeting targets
- Liaising and building relationships with the local community
- Weekly operations report (inventory checks, crop health report, community update, outcome of weekly farm inspection i.e. checks to ensure signs and encroachment controls are still in place, irrigation system maintenance check), update on farm hands activity
- Purchasing of herbicides, pesticides, fertilizer and other farm supplies
- Carrying out health checks on the rice paddy
- Feedback to the directors regarding potential risks, need for improvements and any changes to operational activities
- Taking initiative to ensure smooth running of farm
- Carrying out recruitment and disciplinary actions of assistant manager/farm hands
- Project manage construction activities and clearance of land
- Overseeing the planting, cultivation and harvesting of the rice crop
- Immediate communication of any risks to harvest or harvest yield
- Ensure that issues of security, community relations, flooding and fire are adequately planned for and mitigations put in place before they occur
- Ensuring ongoing risk assessment of farming operations is carried out and action plan for identified risks are implemented.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in cultivating rice crop
- Understanding of risks associated with cultivating rice crop
- Must be able to write weekly reports on farm operations and stakeholder matters
- Able to establish and maintain good working relationships with external stakeholders (Government Departments, Rice Millers, Rice Traders, Suppliers, ETC)
- Minimum of 3 years in hiring and managing staff
- Basic knowledge of different irrigation systems used in rice cultivation
- Ability to speak fluent Yoruba
- Ability to manage project on time and within budget
- Computer literate with the ability to keep good records, create reports and mange spreadsheets
- Ability to manage budgets and take corrective action when over budget
- Good time management skills and ability to use calendar/ other scheduling tools to optimize performance
- Knowledge of pesticides and fertilizer application
- Knowledge of land preparation for rice cultivation
- Knowledge and ability to identify crop diseases/pests and actions to take to mitigate
- Ability to design and construct a rice farming irrigation system
- Experience of using the transplanting method in rice farming
- Experience of managing land clearance and construction projects
- A degree/HND in agronomy, agricultural engineering, food technology or other related disciplines
- Competitive Salary
- Company Car
- Company apartment in Oyo state
- Company phone and laptop
- Performance-related bonus at 50%
- 1 An acre of Land to cultivate for personal use
- Continuous development training
- Please can you outline your experience with regards to rice cultivation and how this was attained.
- Please outline what three factors you believe have the most impact on the rice yield during cultivation.
- Please provide any relevant experience you have in managing staff and keeping them motivated.
- Please outline why you will make a perfect fit for this job role.