- Farm Managers should have substantial (at years 3 years including NYSC) experience in managing integrated farms with battery cage based laying birds, floor-based brooding birds, ruminants and swine.
- We are looking for experience managing a small group of staff towards farm objectives, managing the production bottom line, safety and logistics.
- The candidate must be a degree holder in Animal Science and/or Animal Production, a hands-on leader and strong in reporting and communications.
- Candidates should have hands-on experience with brooding of birds.
- He or she should be a frontline leader.
- The position is Farm resident and the incumbent would be expected to work 3 or 4 weeks on and 1 week off (depending on his family situation) and the final offer would be matched to his work cycle, years of experience and qualifications. The farm is based at the outskirts of Benin City. It has 30,000 laying birds and some 8000 brooding birds, 200 swine and some ruminants
- Some of the routine tasks required of the farm managers are as follows
- Following production process 3 times a day checking for leaks and wastages and correct same
- Planning routine medications: Lasota vaccinations, deworming flushing and sterilization of drinker lines
- Planing feed production and delivery
- Resolving conflicts in schedules of assigned tasks
- Taking daily reports of all production lines and report them promptly
- Ensuring eggs production target is met every day and identify causes if not so recommending staff for bonuses and promotion
- championing teamwork, task sharing and on the job training
- Carrying out samples of key production parameters
- Planning supply and delivering of products to stores
- Stocking keeping for all raw materials and promoting re-orders
- Bio-security as well as human security
3 to 10 years of experience.
Starting salaries are matched to experience levels and are between 38,000 and 70,000 naira per month (negotiable)