An exciting career opportunity exists for a highly motivated, proactive person with one of the most progressive integrated farms in the South West of Nigeria with the following units: Animal production (piggery and poultry), Market gardening, Agro-forestry, Fishery, Juice processing unit, Bakery, Soya and Palm oil processing units and an abattoir. All products and processes are integrated and organic.
A company is seeking to engage a Farm Accountant to assume responsibility for it’s financial reporting activities in a rich farming region of southwest Nigeria.
The company runs a successful integrated farming operation located on a large hectares of land in the Iwo area, currently producing large amount of animal and market garden products. It uses leading edge technology, systems and processes to ensure maximum productivity and efficiency in all areas of its business.
Reporting to the Farm Manager, the position of Farm Accountant will involve, but not limited to the following responsibilities and duties:
- The management of the company’s financial and material resources as well as facilitate the achievement of its business goals and objectives.
- Providing the Board and Management with timely, complete and accurate financial information for business decision-making process.
- Oversee the deployment of defined financial management policies, work plans and programmes of all business units.
- Champion the articulation, implementation and ongoing review of approved strategies, policies, work plans and programmes for managing finance and procurement in the Farm.
As a member of the senior management team, the successful person must demonstrate the following characteristics:
- A strong people manager, communicator and motivator
- A strategic thinker and problem solver
- A demonstrated team player capable of working both within the team and independently
- Honest, reliable and dependable
- Well-developed literacy, numeracy and computer skills.
Skills and Abilities:
- Get-it done, Execution focused!
- Honest and dependable.
- Passionate, strategic, breathes ownership.
- Excellent stakeholder management and relational skills
- High bar for excellence and strong analytical skills.
- Interpersonal relational skills, highly diplomatic and yet result focused.
- Strong financial and accounting knowledge, including in depth understanding of finance best practices, international and Nigerian accounting and financial reporting standards.
- Good knowledge of scope of finance operations in a standard organization.
- Appreciable knowledge of procurement principle requirements.
- Hands on practical experience and use of accounting packages and systems.
- Good leadership/supervisory and people management skills.
- Sound communication skills
- Pragmatic negotiation skills, relationship building/management skills
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Good problem analysis and solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
Education and Experience:
- An experienced Accountant with Minimum of 6 years experience in finance of which at least two (2) must have been at an executive/strategic management level.
- First degree in a Finance/Accounting or any other related discipline.
- Associate member of any of the following Professional Bodies:
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
- Association of chartered certified accountants (ACCA)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants of Nigeria. (CIMA)
- The company is determined to attract the best possible candidate for this position and has designed a remuneration package with this in mind.
The position would require relocation of the successful applicant to the Farm community which is adequately equipped with staff residence and the warmth of the host Iwo community, being a strong and friendly rural-urban community with excellent lifestyle facilities suitable and easily adaptable for relocation.