Adkan Group is one of the leading group of companies in Africa. The group has diversified into different sectors of the economy that is today, comprised of 8 businesses. This includes the Real Estate sector by operating Adkan Services Nigeria Ltd; Food Manufacturing with Royal Mills and Foods Ltd., Educational institution with Blooms Academy, Wood Works and Furniture with Paramount Wood Works Ltd, Painting and Coating with Zuma Paints Nigeria Ltd, Mortgage Banking with Infinity Trust Bank Plc; Packaging, Domestic products with Veritas Plastics, Ideal Cartons, Apex packaging, Medical with Mayfield Specialist Hospital, Security with Vintage Security and garment production with Regal Garments.
- Having good understanding and knowledge of all garment production industry processes and best practices.
- Prepare strategic and operational plans for Factory to ensure that all necessary tools, processes and systems are in place to meet the requirements of the business and contribute to the achievement of short and long-term goals of the company.
- Manage and provide oversight for the implementation of any strategy or plan that management decides on.
- Ensure development, implementation and maintenance of all policies related to operations including; procurement, distribution and asset management. Coordination with marketing and merchandising teams for future orders, present order status, and product costing and to discuss the capacity status of the factory/s. He takes the decision to accept any order or not when there is less margin.
- Production planning, Material planning and machinery planning is done or reviewed by him.
- Production monitoring and follow up day to day production from each line and ensures that production units meet the production target.
- Factory work-study/industrial engineering: Follow up industrial engineering functions and systems.
- Quality of the finished product: He ensures that the factory produces a quality product at minimum alteration and repair cost. He ensures that only quality goods are shipped to the buyers.
- Ensures smooth flow of information and material from one department to another. He resolves inter-departmental issues if there is any.
- Assist and perform other related duties as required.
- Office, Factory and Field as necessary
- 10 yrs. experience in a similar role or as deemed sufficient by the group
- Must be a good communicator and must be able to interact regularly and comfortably across various departments -- from individual to the Management Team level to negotiate solutions that foster strong relationships and continued success of the project.
- Must be willing to relocate to Abuja
- Organizational skills are essential
- Degree/Diploma holder in Textiles & Clothing / Production / Manufacturing Management or relevant discipline.
- At least 10 years solid garment manufacturing production and management experience in a supervisory role of a sizable garment manufacturing industry