- The Facility Manager is responsible for the day-to- day management of the property and facilities
- Implement policies, procedures and programs required in the management of the property.
- Provide timely response to the concerns and needs of the tenants
- Conduct regular inspections of property and facilities
- Coordinate and supervise operatives and service providers for compliance with required standards
- Oversee prompt resolution of maintenance issues affecting shared facilities, communal areas and external building fabric
- Maintain liaison relationship with landlord or landlord's representatives.
- Review and understand leases.
- Produce monthly reports, including an operations summary of completed and planned operations activity.
- Address all environmental, health and safety issues.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements
- Manage all costs
- Respond positively and promptly to queries from landlord and tenants
- Organise and coordinate periodic meetings with tenants
- Contribute to the preparation of annual operating budgets and implement the day-to- day management of the facility within the parameters of the budget.
- Develop capital requirements and budget as required.
- Receive, review and provide supplier invoices
- Maintain ongoing communications with head office on Accounts and Expenditure
- Provide services and contact information updates required.
- Supervise and direct the work of assigned employees/contract staff.
- Keep emergency contact lists up to date and distributed to the necessary people, i.e. immediate managers, security.
- Maintain emergency procedures.
- Maintain fire safety plans.
- Ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- The ideal candidate will be well-organized with good oral and written communication skills
- Strong personality with leadership ability and people skills, possessing a controlled temperament in dealing with tenants
- Demonstrate initiative in approach to handling issues
- Proven experience as facilities manager
- Basic knowledge of building maintenance (including plumbing and electrical installations) and facilities management best practices.
- Knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles.
- Good analytical/critical
- Diploma/BSc/BTech/BA in Estate Management, Facility Management, Engineering, Accounting & Finance or other relevant field.