- Proven experience as Hotel Manager or relevant role
- Must have lived or worked abroad in western countries and reside in Owerri. Otherwise must be willing to relocate to Owerri
- Have had extensive managerial hospitality experience outside of Owerri, Imo State, in Lagos, Kenya, Tanzania
- Fluency in English
- Understanding of all hotel management best practices
- Working knowledge of MS Office; knowledge of hotel management software (PMS or Biodux) is an advantage
- Excellent customer service skills as well as a business mindset
- Demonstrable aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Reliable with an ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Outstanding leadership skills and great attention to detail
- Degree in Business Administration, Hotel/Hospitality Management or relevant field.
- Hire qualified personnel according to standards
- Supervise work at all levels (receptionists, kitchen staff, maids, office employees, etc.) and set clear objectives to ensure high-quality standards
- Plan marketing activities and allocate responsibilities to achieve the most efficient operating model
- Organize and coordinate operations to ensure maximum efficiency
- Develop and implement an intuitive and efficient marketing strategy to promote the hotel’s services
- Communicate with customers when appropriate (welcome them in the facilities, address their complaints, find solutions to problems, offer information, etc.)
- Deal with maintenance issues, shortages in staff or equipment, renovations, etc.
- Collaborate with external parties such as suppliers, travel agencies, event/conference planners, etc.
- Inspect facilities regularly and enforce strict compliance with health and safety standards
- Assume responsibility of budgeting and monitoring expenses
- Enforce adherence to regulations and quality standards
- Ensure all records are kept properly and consistently
- Review and prepare reports for board review.
- Be willing to travel to inspect other hotel locations in Port Harcourt, Be willing to sign a long term ( 2+ year contract)
Our ideal candidate will be should:
- Be mentally and physically fit, we prefer candidates younger than 55 but experienced.
- be abreast of modern technologies, including new inventory management systems, who could bring a fresh outlook to the hotel.
- Must have great soft skills, i.e. interpersonal communication, honest and possessing integrity.
- Must have connections to premium clientele outside Owerri