The E-Waste Producers Responsibility Organisation of Nigeria Ltd/Gte (“EPRON”) is a new Industry led social enterprise developed to coordinate the environmentally sound recycling of end of life Electrical and Electronic Equipment (EEE) with adherence to the Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) Principle. EPRON was set up to fulfill the Producer Responsibility Organization role for the EEE sector as specified by the EPR operational guideline. In this regard the organization, will serve as the level playing field for all stakeholders in the EEE/WEEE value chain namely Producers of EEE, Collectors and Recyclers of e-waste.
- Managerial Function: Set the strategic direction for the organization and oversee the administrative and operational activities of EPRON. Manage and supervise all EPRON Staff.
- Corporate Affairs: Interacting with all public agencies and regulatory bodies.
- Finance: General financial management including following up on receivables and registration fees, and payments to service providers.
- Industry Engagement: Developing and leading the implementation of strategic engagement with producers and other stakeholders to increase the membership of EPRON.
- Designing and implementing innovative approaches to ensure all Producers fulfill their obligation and there is no free riding.
- Contractor Oversight: Supervising EPRON’s engagement with collection agents, recyclers, legal, financial and accounting service providers.
- Advocacy and awareness: Develop and drive effective programs to raise awareness on the hazardous nature of e-waste, enabling consumers to align with specified arrangement to guarantee environmentally sound recycling, while ensuring EPRON gets sufficient media and industry representation.
- Programs Management: Ensures all EPRON's program implementation attain desired quality and are delivered within specified budget and time.
- Standards: Ensures all players along the WEEE value chain operate within specified standard. Also defines best practice standards for EPRON on topics such as, reporting, decision making and transparency.
: Establish and maintain a network among regulators, development institutions, producers and other industry stakeholders.
- Reporting: Reporting to NESREA and members of the EPRON as may be required, subject to the approval of the board of directors of EPRON (“Board”), where necessary.
- Other activities as may be communicated by the Board.
- Reporting line: The Executive Secretary will report directly to the board of directors of EPRON.
- Education: B.Sc. degree from an accredited university.
- Post-graduate degree in related field or professional
- Demonstrated application of sustainable development principles
- Experience: A minimum of 9 years in progressive leadership roles
within the EEE sector, or any business or regulatory function.
- Must be self-motivated and demonstrate a sense of ownership with high level of commitment.
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must demonstrate excellent leadership with the ability to provide clear direction to others.
- Ability to build strong external relationships to enhance and strengthen EPRON’s profile.
- Must have a metrics-driven and reconciling mindset.
- Must have excellent execution skills and passionate about achieving high levels of excellence.
- Must be innovative and in tune with industry/market developments.
- Must be capable of excelling and leading others in a dynamic, fast-paced, growing environment with significant regulatory demands and oversight.
- Must demonstrate exceptional analytical and quantitative skills.
- Must be able to manage time, prioritize tasks and work under pressure.
- Must possess negotiation, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Proven strategic aptitude and ability.
- Ability to influence at a senior level, both internally and externally.
- Excellent project management skills and a hands-on approach.
Remuneration Package and Benefits:
EPRON offers a competitive remuneration package and the benefits are quite attractive.
Interested applicants should please submit their resume and a one page(not more than 400 words) suitability summary to [email protected] by 5.00pm on 29/01/2019.