The Executive Assistant has overall responsibility of providing executive support in a one-on-one working relationship with the CEO. The individual serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external interactions on all matters pertaining to the Office of the CEO and a liaison to senior management teams; organizes and coordinates external relations efforts; oversees and work independently on special projects from conception to completion.
The position requires an individual who is self-directing with minimal supervision, creative, enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission and results-driven oriented. The Executive Assistant reports directly to the CEO and must be able to work under pressure to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Law, Communications or any other related field. Master’s degree is an added advantage
- 8 - 10 years of experience with a minimum of 5 years’ experience supporting C-Level Executives
- Experience and Interest in internal and external communications
- Well-developed quantitative and qualitative skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office suits such as Word, Excel, Power Point and Social Media web platforms.
Desired Attributes, Knowledge and Skills
Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including team members, board members and external partners
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Emotional maturity
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
Detailed Job Description - The responsibilities of this role will be broad and include:
Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings
Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO's schedule is followed and respected.
Track daily expenses and prepare weekly, monthly or quarterly reports
Screen incoming visitors, phone calls, communication and directed to CEO for relevance, prioritization and importance
Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response
Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the President's office and internal teams; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff
Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
Manages a variety of special projects for the President, some of which may have organizational impact
Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO's ability to effectively lead the company
Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matter expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Senior Management Liaison
Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending meetings with the CEO
Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and general Team meetings
Ensures that the CEO's bio is kept updated and responds to requests for materials or documents regarding the CEO
Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to external stake holders
Follows up on contacts made by the CEO and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships
Excellent Benefit Package with upside available through performance bonus.