Hamilton Lloyd and Associates - Our client, is a fully serviced legal practice firm established in 1980 and has over the last three decades earned a reputation of consistently exceeding expectations. Due to internal expansion, they are looking to hire a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position above.
- He/she will provide both traditional administrative and legal support
- The incumbent shall represent the Managing Partner in a professional and congenial manner in person, in telephone conversations and in written correspondence.
Job Responsibilities (Legal)
- Perform Research - Legal executive assistants perform legal research specific to the case currently being worked
- They gather information in an organized manner and present it to the managing attorney.
- Provide Administrative Support - Legal executive assistants provide general administrative support to the legal team. This includes organizing schedules, arranging meetings, and setting up travel arrangements.
- Write Reports - Legal executive assistants write legal reports based on the data gathered from research and initial interviews. They write clear and concise reports so that all involved parties can understand them.
Organize and Track Case Documentation:
- Case documentation must be organized efficiently. Legal executive assistants organize and track case documentation, making it easily accessible to team members who need it.
- Maintain Legal Databases - Legal executive assistants maintain the firm’s legal databases. They also use external legal databases as needed to gather more data for the case.
Job Responsibilities (Administrative)
- Type reports, memos, letters and other documents using word relevant computer software.
- Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages, when required.
- Record, type and mange meeting minutes.
- Manage visitors and determine whether they should be given access to specific individuals.
- Read and analyse incoming memos, submissions and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies and maintaining records management database systems.
- File and retrieve corporate documents, records and reports.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
- Make travel arrangements, speaking engagement logistics, etc for executives.
- A Degree in any relevant course from a reputable school.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience with a Law firm.
- Legal knowledge – legal executive assistants are knowledgeable in the type of law that their firm practices, applying it to specific cases
- Research skills – legal executive assistants are research experts, knowing where to look for new data and how to interpret it
- Project and case management experience – legal executive assistants are adept at managing the administrative aspects of a case
- Organizational skills – successful legal executive assistants are well organized, keeping track of everything happening
- Perceptive – legal executive assistants are perceptive, often finding details pertinent to a case that others may have missed
- The body of the mail should outline Total years of relevant experience to the role, Location and Age.
- Please read Role necessities very carefully and apply if qualified
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted
- If after 2 weeks of application you do not hear from us, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.