The Executive Assistant is a key position and provides overall support to the MD in managing his activities, reducing his administrative tasks and managing his time more effectively.
The support provided will include organisation, scheduling, correspondence, travel and expenses, human resources and meetings. The individual takes responsibility and ownership of office organisation, project management, deadline compliance and important documents and filing.
The person will need to maximize the Executive's effectiveness by providing information management support and representing the executive to others. Helps with business-related activities by ensuring timely reporting, analysis and business meetings are carried out efficiently.
- Conserves executive's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Maintains executive's diary, managing appointments by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences and travel.
- Perform reception duties such as answering phones where necessary
- Maintain a strong working relationship with other relevant departments, including HR IT, Finance and Senior team. Liaise with other staff members on behalf of MD.
- Manages MD email account, where necessary.
- Meeting Management
- Organise and schedule meetings.
- Welcomes guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone, specific to MD’s list.
- Liaise with clients and business guests visiting the office (banks, suppliers, professional advisors, etc).
- Communicate with Senior Management Team, schedule necessary meetings.
- Prepare meeting agendas, perform research for meetings, and take minutes during meetings
- Manage projects and follow-up with team members where required
- Information Management and Filing
- Maintains confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Prepares reports by collecting and analyzing information; carries out effective research on specific projects where needed and instructed.
- Secures information by completing data base backups.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions.
- Completes tasks by assigning work to clerical staff; following up on results.
- Handle all expense vouchers for MD, making distinction between personal and business expenses. Prepare MD’s expense reports which need reimbursement from company.
- Handling all administrative related activities in relation to correspondence inwards/outwards, as per MD’s instructions.
- Maintain electronic filing system, ensuring processes and software are up to date and in working order
- Prepare and deliver regular monthly reports, as instructed.
- Book business travel arrangements, including flights, transportation, and lodgings for senior management and other staff members.
- Handles all hotel bookings for external business visitors, where needed.
- Handles MD’s personal and family travel arrangements and hotel bookings, both for business and leisure.
- Manages all immigration-related matters for personal travel for MD and his family, including visa applications.
- Other key activities
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Solve simple IT problems and contact the IT department when necessary.
- Provides support to HR on issues discussed with MD.
- HR, and recruitment duties, including on-boarding new staff members and training new employees where necessary.
- Coordination for events
Qualifications, Desired Skills and Experience
- Proven experience as an executive assistant or other relevant administrative support experience.
- In-depth understanding of entire MS Office suite, including Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- A graduate
- Ability to organize a daily workload by priorities.
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
- Professional level verbal and written communications skills.
- Smart in appearance, represents management in the best light.
- Knowledge of shorthand