We are ae dynamic, full-stack data company based in London, UK with specializations in Big Data and Advanced Analytics. We recognize that we are in the midst of a data revolution so vast and pervasive it is likely lead to a transformation no less consequential than the industrial revolution; creating new
opportunities, wealth and efficiencies on an unprecedented scale. We have developed unique data-domain capabilities to help our clients on the path to greater,
sustainable profitability through the sourcing, storage, wrangling and application of advanced analytics on data. We now have an opening for a Principal Data scientist / Engineer based in Lagos, Nigeria.
Are you passionate about the exciting and evolving world of Data and Analytics? Do you enjoy working in a collaborative start-up environment? Do you seek an
opportunity to make a difference, gain grater satisfaction while reaping substantial personal and professional rewards? If yes, then you will thrive at our firm
As a Principal Data Scientist, you will be responsible for creating solutions that address business problems. You will have in-depth knowledge of Data
and technologies and will have overarching responsibility for implementations. You will be a strong communicator, able to influence decisions up, down and
across organizations. You will have a minimum 6 years experience in the Information Technology domain, at least 4 of which is hands-on in the data, analytics and
AI domain. THE Total Data Company
- Substantial hands-on experience in Data, Advanced Analytics, Machine Learning and Business intelligence and languages such as Python and R
- You will have experience leading teams, and will be responsible for setting up the Lagos operations and active in customer/client sales.
- Develop and present solutions as Proof of Concept to target organizations, using your considerable industry experience to influence and mobilize
- opportunities through the data value chain
- Support the sales process throughout the sales cycle, involving subject matter experts where necessary to ensure the best chance of winning new
- clients. You will be responsible for client presentations, proposals, win strategies, RFP’s, etc.
- Advising clients on methods to create business solutions and developing these models end-to-end
- Lead development of AI, statistical methods and machine learning as well as R and Python solutionsAssessing specific requirements with knowledge based on data science, data analytics and business process design
- Mentoring junior members of the data science team to improve technical and consulting skills
- Engagement with clients on the life cycle of projects from start to finish
Skills and Qualifications
- A good understanding of the Big Data environment and business drivers, including pros and cons of the key software platforms solutions
- Strong technical /development background with knowledge of Data architectures, platforms and tools, cloud technologies and vendor solutions
- Experience coding in Python and or Java, solid SQL and database skills
- Minimum BSc / BEng from a reputable university
- Extensive experience in deep learning techniques, Python, R, Big Data Stack, Ml and AI etc.
- Ability to identify deals and structure offerings based on Customer requirements
- Experience in the IT industry at channel and/or vendor at a business development level, ideally from a product development and marketing background
- Strategic planning and business case development, skilled multi-level relationship builder
- Proven ability to self-manage in an external environment
- Business planning experience with strong operational cadence
- Personal Characteristics
- Consultative / professional and credible
- High energy and motivated, able to work independently, unsupervised is a must
- Well organised and thorough even under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in relevant technology domain
- Relevant experience of 5 years in AI
Attractive, potential for foreign travel/assignments, stock options, healthcare.