Reporting Relationship: General Manager
Subordinates: Membership & Events Assistant
Full-Time Working Hours: As required Basic Function: Responsible for ensuring the maintenance and retention of memberships for the Club. The Membership & Events Manager will work closely with the General Manager to manage the optimum membership structure, programs and offerings for the Club. Together, they will develop a membership strategy and ultimately bring the Club to “full membership” status and manage attrition thereafter. The Membership & Events Manager will assist the Head of Marketing.
Assess and conduct due diligence on membership applicants and also who are recommended for membership and prepare every 2-weeks (or weekly depending on demand) a robust report with recommendations to the membership committee regarding each applicant.
Ensure that every member’s needs are taken care of
Develop new membership classifications and appropriate fee structures if required to capture an additional market segment.
Evaluate market reactions to membership programs.
Researching to ensure that the membership offering is expanded, and that each member has ultimate experiences
Enrol, orient and acclimate new members into the Club.
Maintain a high profile with the existing membership by attending Club functions and other activities which are attended by members.
Manage the Club’s membership portfolio and coordinate all member communications with other departments.
Prepare timely membership activity reports.
Event management, including researching types of events, possible speakers, event planning and creating and maintaining the events calendar.
Brainstorming and implementing event plans and concepts.
Understand requirements and details of each event
Plan and organize events with attention to finances and time constraints
Book venues and schedule speakers
Look for and compare different vendors (catering, decorators, photographers etc.)
Liaise and Negotiate with vendors to obtain the most favorable terms
Seek out appropriate sponsors. Negotiate sponsorship deals.
Track overall event expenses regularly
Budget planning for events
Carefully oversee the event & offer solutions to resolve problems in a timely manner
Manage branding and communication.
Handle post-event reports.
Develop membership and event feedback surveys.
Develop along with the PR consultant, a comprehensive public relations plan for the Club which is focused on increasing the visibility and enhancing the reputation of the Club within the community.
Cultivate positive relationships with key members of the community, local business leaders, and companies doing business with the Club or newly signed members, and local and international media.
Develop, design, coordinate and publish a physical newsletter and e-newsletter for the club.
Perform any other tasks requested by management.
Physical, Mental and Visual Skills:
Good organizational and communication skills.
Ability to carry out detailed written or verbal instructions independently and be self-motivated.
Ability to provide effective written and verbal instructions, as well as to retrieve information from technical sources.
Ability to use logical or rational thinking to solve problems.
Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, including calculations involving fractions, decimals and percentages.
Educational, Development and Work-Related Experience:
- Prior Club experience preferred
- Thorough knowledge of membership management/client service acquired through a university education, additional college level course of study or trades training or equivalent experience.
- Thorough knowledge of event management, public relations & branding acquired through college level of course of study, trades training or equivalent experience
- Thorough knowledge of general business administration practices and procedures as would be acquired through five years of similar experience in progressively responsible positions. Must possess basic office computer skills (i.e. – Word, excel, power point, adobe, outlook, etc.) for business communication.
- Portfolio of successful events
- Sense of ownership and pride in job performance and impact on company’s success
- Excellent vendor management skills
- Service Excellence skills