Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited, (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry
- Environmental and regulatory technical support.
Tasks and Responsibilities
In addition to the Level 1 tasks and responsibilities, a Level 2:
- Assist Sr. Environment Engineer and Environment Engineers in their activities for routine environmental monitoring and environmental data collection.
- Any other environment related activities assigned by the Sr. Environment Engineer and/or Environment Engineer.
- Operate the 750 kg/hr Gencor Beverly solid waste incinerator
- Operate the fork lift and waste truck to handle waste at the Segregation and Incinerator Yards.
- Conduct routine / preventive maintenance of the waste incinerator and supervise similar activities by 3rd party contractors.
- Track and keep record of all Incinerator Maintenance (Daily/Weekly Preventive/Routine).
- Provide oversight for in-house waste reception and 3rd party waste evacuation.
- Track, collate and update monthly waste data (generation/disposed/produced ash/recycled, etc.) for trending and reporting (Regulatory etc.) to facilitate improvement communications in the waste management process.
- Conduct in-house monitoring of incinerator flue gas.
- Carry out/support assessment of waste management facilities and processes, and close-out of actions in company and for 3rd party facilities.
- Provide training and guidance on acceptable waste management processes/practices to Units and Functions within company
- Candidates should have 10+ years’ experience with an oil and gas company in the SSHE and/or regulatory compliance field, preferably related to a construction or extractive industry, project or other international construction with environmental, regulatory, socioeconomic, and/or health aspects.
- Degree in Environmental or Natural Sciences, Natural Resource Management or with Technical, Science, Environmental Science, Technology (AS or BS) or related discipline, is preferred but not mandatory and technical field related to SSHE management
- Understand basic industry project construction principles and techniques (upstream petroleum industry preferred)
- Candidates should have good interpersonal skills, some supervisory/organizational talents, and proven ability to work in a positive team manner, hardworking attitude / commitment towards achieving project objective,
- Self-confidence to instruct contractors/project workers regarding regulatory compliance and Safety, Health Environment and Security (SHE&S) performance/ implementation requirements
- Fluent (at a technical level) in the predominant in-country language(s); familiarity with English is desirable
- Environmental, Regulatory, Safety, Health processes and Government Affairs/Regulatory Compliance and tool knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint for reporting; advanced user with Adobe for document management