Odun Environmental seeks to fill the above position with suitable and qualified persons.
- Coordinate all aspects of Environmental Studies, Health and Safety, pollution control, waste management, Oil spill clean up and remediation, recycling, environmental health, conservation and renewable energy
- The Environmental Manager will provide expert assessment and advisory services to clients on matters pertaining to the management of environmental issues and liaise with regulators.
- Manage and monitor environmental project activities to ensure timely completion.
- Must have extensive scientific and technical knowledge and experience to conduct or oversee various environmental assessments
- Prepare and Produce scientific and technical proposals and reports
- Obtain environmental permits and develop environmental programs for clients.
- Co-ordinate or Collect data in field studies or at sites
- Analyse and interpret the data gathered in field surveys
- Must have extensive knowledge of environmental regulations, and can advise clients, organisations and institutions on environmental matters
- Develop and implement environmental strategies and action plans, to ensure corporate sustainable development
- Lead the implementation of environmental policies and best practices
- Liaise with relevant bodies such as local authorities, public bodies and competent bodies
- Carry out impact assessments to identify, assess and reduce environmental risks for organisations and projects
- Build positive and long-term working relationships with clients.
- Promote and raise awareness, at all levels of an organisation, of the impact of emerging environmental issues
- Implement best practice in areas of corporate, ethical and social responsibility and address any issues arising
- Coordinate public hearings and consultations on environmental matters when required
- manage relations with the board of directors, senior management and internal staff
- monitor and mentor staff at all levels on environmental issues and responsibilities
- negotiate environmental service agreements, sub-contractors and manage associated costs and revenues.
Qualifications & Skill
- A University Degree in Engineering, Environmental or related Science discipline
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate reliability and a strong work ethic, be detailed, goal-oriented, exhibit time management skills, and perform work accurately in a team-oriented environment.
- Display a high level of computer literacy; Proficient in MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Access).
- Ability to understand detailed instructions and documents, to work independently, and to work as part of a team
- show initiative, recognise emerging problems and pro-actively develop solutions
- demonstrate strong leadership and influence
- be self-motivated and able to motivate staff at all levels
- show commercial awareness and an understanding of business
- be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- ability to manage projects as well as produce and deliver presentations
- Possess project management skills.
- A relevant postgraduate qualification or/and a business development qualification or significant experience in environmental activities carried out may be considered as important