- The EHSC shall be responsible for promoting a positive health and safety culture within Main One.
- Ensure that all safety legislation is adhered to and policies and practices are adopted.
- Plan, implement, monitor and review Main One’s protective and preventive measures.
- Work to minimize Operational losses, Occupational health problems, accidents and injuries.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- A degree or postgraduate qualification in an environmental management or similar industry.
- Bachelors of Arts/Bachelors of Science or Advanced Degree in Safety Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, or Environmental Sciences, or in a related field is preferred.
- Must have 5 years experience.
- Computer literate with a practical experience using MS Word, Excel and Power Point
- Ability to develop and deliver trainings and presentations.
- Ability to research and interpret relevant data.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal) with a variety of stakeholders both within and outside Main One.
- Ability to meet deadlines, dealing with competing demands and to prioritize effective administrative and organisational skills
- Experience in applying specialist knowledge in the fields of EMS, training, health and safety etc.
- Must have knowledge or training in Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental compliance with applicable International, Federal and State regulations and standards.
- Experience in Environmental Management or Business services, Environmental Auditing and issue assessment, as well as practical knowledge of environmental management systems, such as ISO14001, will be an added advantage.
Demand on the Job:
- Skilled in the Standards, concepts, practices, and procedures within the Health, Safety and Environmental fields.
- Ability to work at all levels within the organization and in a diverse and multi-cultural workgroup.
- Ability to perform duties within and outside Main One’s commercial/operational offices.
- Must be able to work with other safety personnel outside Main One.
- Must be available to travel periodically.