Odun Environmental seeks to fill the above position with suitable and qualified persons.
- Conduct and assist the environmental team in conducting various environmental studies (EIA, ESHIA, PIA, EA, EER, Safety Case, EMR, ESR, and PIAR among others as assigned).
- Assist the Pollution Control Unit in waste management, oil spill clean up, remediation assignments among others
- Assist the Pollution Control and Studies Units in conducting all assignments and ensuring Work and Site Safety
- Plan, Manage and Supervise all HSE reports, issues / Facilitations
- Initiate, prepare, Coordinate and Review, plans, procedures, risk assessments and HSE Reviews for all projects and project sites
- Ensure the Effective Implementation of Project HSE Plan
- Conduct HSE Meetings and Investigations and provide reports
- Assist the Management team when required in various tasks such as orienting new staff, providing guidance on day-to-day duties as necessary, assisting with hiring and disciplining as necessary and conducting meetings.
- Assign, direct and oversee Health and Safety activities of the studies and Pollution Control department.
- Identify environmental opportunities and threats
- Provide proficiency in client interaction, proposal preparation, regulatory interaction, negotiation, technical writing, internal and external communication.
- Commit to achieving the goals outlined in the weekly management meetings.
- Develop, implement and sustain process improvement initiatives across the organization utilizing Lean methodologies.
- Conduct field analysis and sampling
Prepare scope of work / Terms of Reference
- Proactively implement all health and safety policies/procedures (illness and injury prevention, training, contractor and facility safety).
- Attain and Maintain MSDS workplace files, site FTO, Safety permits & approvals
- Provide assistance as assigned to other units within the organization and within the group.
- Possession of a university degree in an Environmental Science related discipline from a reputable institution, with a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division)
- 2 years post NYSC Experience Minimum in environmental work
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate reliability and a strong work ethic, be detailed, goal oriented, exhibit time management skills, and perform work accurately in a team-oriented environment.
- Display a high level of computer literacy; Proficient in MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point and MS Access).
Other Preferred Requirements:
- Trainings / certificates in HSE, environmental courses, oil spill clean ups, BOSIET etc will be an advantage