Schneider Electric - As the Global Specialist in Energy Management™ and market leader in industrial automation and software. Schneider Electric enables people to experience and transform efficiency where they live and work; from home to enterprise, across the grid and the city. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group brings a world where innovative individuals use collaborative solutions to make the most of their energy, while using less of the common planet.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements concerning Occupational Health and Safety, with respect to Environmental Protection and the protection of property and information (safety).
- He/she plays the benchmark role in these fields and is the special contact of the site manager or the business managers present on the site.
- He/she coordinates prevention in these areas, monitors performance, and proposes and deploys continuous improvement actions. He/she represents the delegate of authority in these areas.
- Participate in HSE inspections and audit of project sites and facilities. (Onshore and Offshore).
- Participate in accident investigation and reporting.
- Coach and influence area leadership's decisions as they affect the health and safety culture.
- Advocate compliance with regulatory and company health and safety requirements.
- Provide accurate safety statistical information and analysis of that information to the workforce.
- Identify potential hazards and propose safe work practices to leadership teams.
- Provide expertise on hazard identification and risk mitigation processes.
- Provide effective health and safety communication throughout all levels of the workforce.
- Work to ensure consistency of approach and application of health and safety programs across operations.
- Ensure health and safety systems, policies, procedures and programs used to manage jobs are understood and are utilized by company and contract personnel.
- Assist in the completion of H&S assurance audits and action closure activities.
- Participate in the delivery of health and safety training programs.
- Assist in conducting area safety meetings and HSSE committee meetings.
- Conduct self in accordance with the safety professional's code of conduct.
- Conduct and participate in review, inspections and audits of contractors, their equipment and programs to ensure compliance with company and Regulatory requirements, as requested.
- Assist workforce with accurate and timely incident notifications; entry into Traction; and with the development of effective actions, as necessary.
- Within the operating area assist in, and facilitate, incident investigations.
- Assist with incident management plan activities including implementation, training, response, and liaison with local first responders.
- Provide or suggest interventions for H&S performance issues.
- Provide applicable support to Emergency Services and Emergency Response.
- Ensure management is informed of HSE incidents in a timely manner.
- Understand the process of preparing health and safety documentation system
- Education Level:
- Undergraduate Diploma/ Technical diploma
- 2 to 5 years of experience