As the most innovative company in Africa, our purpose is to catalyze change in Africa and around the world by building the world’s most innovative university. Our engaging learning experiences integrate technology, personalized learning, real world projects and entrepreneurial leadership to create innovators, game-changers, and problem-solvers. We ask our students to declare a ‘mission’ for their lives along with declaring an academic major. Our two undergraduate campuses—Mauritius and Rwanda—are well in operation, as is our graduate School of Business. Moving forward, we plan to scale across the continent and then around the world, ultimately developing 3 million entrepreneurs and leaders by 2035. In 2017, the New York Times described ALU as one of ‘8 places in the world where history is being made’, while CNN described ALU as the ‘Harvard of Africa’.
ABOUT THE ENTREPRENEURSHIP PROGRAM
Our academic programs use project-based assessment, active & experiential learning, flipped classrooms, and peer-to-peer teaching to create rigorous, engaging, and effective learning experiences. Students emerge from the course with the ability to be transformative change makers, having learned, tried and tested methodologies for identifying problems, practicing human centered design, developing prototypes, leading teams, and launching new ventures.
This role is full-time and will be based in Rwanda.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Entrepreneurship Faculty codesign and deliver the Entrepreneurship Degree Program to students. The day to day of this role includes facilitating class sessions, holding office hours, and providing regular feedback to students. You will act as an academic advisor to students, meeting them regularly for coaching on academic performance, their capstone project, and future goals. You will also be required to stay connected with local and international entrepreneurial ecosystems and help the ALU community stay plugged in. In addition, you will work closely with the Head of the Entrepreneurship Program and our Learning Design Lead to constantly tweak and enhance the program and curate powerful learning experiences for our students. On a higher level, you will be involved in the co-creation of a vision and strategy for the program, setting up the path that will allow students to extend the skills they learned to the outside world as future entrepreneurs of the African Continent.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Advanced degree (preferably a PhD) in Entrepreneurship or a related field
- Deep expertise in Entrepreneurship
- Have experience working with diverse and/or international organisations
- Some teaching or facilitating experience (formal or informal)
- Desire and enthusiasm to work with students and push boundaries
- Entrepreneurship, startup, impact hub or incubator experience
- Strong entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable working in uncertainty
And most importantly...
- Love for building a strong culture driven by the values and core beliefs for our community
- Passionate about transformative education
- Skills: Design, project management & empathy
- Mindsets: Entrepreneurial mindset & collaborative leadership