- Responsibility of the Network Engineer consist of working as an individual or team to Implement, support and manage the highly complex Business Network.
You Are Great At:
- Provide day to day support of core and Internet edge networks to include routers, switches, firewalls technologies utilized by Network Operations.
- Plan and recommend designs that could improve the existing network environment.
- Provide analysis of network capacity and health.
- Implement networking best practices and standards throughout the infrastructure.
- Pre-sales/Technical presentations on IT Solutions
- Draft and publish proposals on IT Solutions
- Creating documentation (to include Visio diagrams) and communications absolutely essential.
- Participate and provide feedback into the day to day Network Operations
- Participate in support through the ticketing system.
- Escalate critical issues to the manager in a timely manner.
- Coordinate technical implementation with partners from the business.
- Plan and implement monitoring, limitations by resources and users/departments.
- Ability to work after hours and participate in on-call coverage
- Other duties as assigned.
What It Takes:
- An education in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline; or equivalent experience is required
- Minimum 1-2 years' experience working with various network devices
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience working with network design best practices
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in general Network Engineering
- Experience working in a team environment
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and communications skills
- Experience maintaining and supporting network infrastructure in a 24/7, On-Call model
- Network Devices: Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Load Balancers (Multivendor Network Environment)
- Network Skills: TCP/IP, routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, IPSec VPN), Layer2/3 switching and VLAN configuration, Firewall security policy.
- Exposure tools to collect network statistic utilizing protocols (SNMP, NetFlow, etc…)
- Previously worked as a Network Administrator, Network Analyst or Network Specialist at a Service Provider or Enterprise.