MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
- Ensure value created by optimising business projects/activities by resolving issues with vendors and permanent resolution and analyse trend of radio related fault, identifying internal and external interference sources
- Plan and monitor base station expansion as well as re-configuration is carried out according to schedule and with minimal distortion to service quality.
- Develop skill of Radio Support and Implementation Engineers by providing necessary informal guidance and on-the-job/in-house training.
Evaluate, test and coordinate:
- New radio equipment,
- Software releases
- Peripheral Equipment, and
- Calibration and repair of Test Equipment
- Carry out random routine site maintenance/performance checks to ensure integrity of MTN Nigeria’s assets and to ensure that maintenance work meet MTN Nigeria’s specification.
- Provide auditing and mentorship to regional radio support staff in order to ensure that the right procedures are understood and adhered to.
- Assist Engineers (Optimization and Implementation) with resolution of complex and related emergency faults.
- Resolve all escalated Trouble Tickets within the Mean Time to Repair (MTTR) and escalate unresolved Trouble Tickets to 3rd line Support (Vendor/Supplier) and follow up for prompt resolution.
- Escalate radio related faults that cannot be resolved to vendors for further investigation and permanent resolution and analyse trend of radio related fault, identifying internal and external interference sources.
- Update radio HLS activity and Tools/Test Equipment database.
- Maintain good working relationship between network operations department and all associated parties within the company and externally
- Communicate and ensure understanding of technology updates and distribute new software and usage instruction to relevant staff.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- National travel and a valid driver’s license
Experience & Training
- Fluent in English
- First degree or equivalent in Computer Science or any related Field.
- 3-7 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Radio & BTS experience with a GSM or Wireless Telecomm operator
- Experience in transmission, Radio frequency propagation and radio planning is essential
- Radio/Micro Wave equipment installation and maintenance.
- GSM Systems
- BSS of Ericsson Equipment
- BSS of Huawei equipment
- Digital radio transmission to STM1 level
- Multiplexing equipment
- BA, B.Eng, B.Sc, B.Tech or HND.