Cummins Inc. a global power leader, is a fortune 500 corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions, and electrical power generation systems.
By working to coordinate the production, shipment, and delivery of the goods & Customer Service Support required to meet their business needs, Cummins Inc. has been able to more easily meet the demands of their customers.
Req ID: 180001XP
- Provides daily contract administration, employee relations, and training in the support of an organization’s labor relations programs. Leads contract negotiations preparation process. Develops a business partnership with the labor organization and company representatives.
- Administers and implements the organization's labor relations programs, policies, and procedures; solves problems, manages conflicts and the grievance process prepares for arbitration, and interprets labor contracts.
- Investigates unfair labor practices and other labor relations issues.
- Participates in the collective bargaining preparation process.
- Mediates workplace conflicts and prepares disciplinary actions, grievances, and arbitration.
- Provides management and employees with direction on employment legislation matters.
- Understands business strategies and initiatives such as safety, security, and productivity to act as a resource for management and line human resources regarding labor relations.
- Coaches and mentors less experienced labor relations representatives.
- College, university, or equivalent degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field or equivalent experience required.
- Relevant work experience required.
- Labor Relations - Practices employee relations at sites where employees are represented by third parties; applies knowledge of labor law; negotiates, interprets and implements the language of collectively bargained agreements.
- Conducting An Investigation - Utilizes interpersonal skills, sound judgment, and investigation tools/process to resolve reported violations of Cummins standards in a way that promotes our values and ethical principles; conducts effective interviews, and analyzes information; clearly articulates findings and recommendations verbally and in writing.
- Manages ambiguity - Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Manages complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Manages conflict - Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
- Decision quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Persuades - Using compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others.
- Demonstrates self-awareness - Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Self-development - Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
- Instills trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.