In an institution like ours, Child care administrators supervise the caregivers and teachers at preschools and child care centers. They are responsible for curriculum development, hiring, budgets and every other important aspect of institutions that care for children under age 5 and as such perform the following functions:
Attentive to details
Good at planning and organising
Empathetic and sociable
Skilled in identifying problems and brainstorming potential solutions
Excellent at written and oral communication as well as presentation
Comfortable working independently and collaboratively
Passionate about connecting with teachers and students
Excellent at oral and written communication
Manage day-to-day activities.
Create instructional resources for use in the classroom.
Develop academic programs.
Monitor students and teachers for progress.
Train, encourage, and mentor teachers and other staff.
Manage career counselings.
Administer record keeping.
Supervise teachers, counsellors, librarians, and other support staff.
Maintain rapport with parents.
Handle tours and marketing.
Prepare budgets and annual reports.
Work actively with teachers to maintain high curriculum standards.
Formulate mission statements.
Establish performance goals and objectives.
Explain or answer procedural questions.
Hire, train, and evaluate teachers.
Visit classrooms and observe teaching methods.
Examine learning materials.
Review instructional objectives and adjust accordingly.
Meet with other administrators, parents, and community organisations.
· Confer with parents and staff to discuss educational activities and policies, and pupils' behaviour or learning problems.
· Prepare and maintain attendance, activity, planning, accounting, or personnel reports and records for officials and agencies, or direct preparation and maintenance activities.
· Set educational standards and goals, and help establish policies, procedures, and programs to carry them out.
· Monitor students' progress, and provide students and teachers with assistance in resolving any problems.
· Determine allocations of funds for staff, supplies, materials, and equipment, and authorise purchases.
· Recruit, hire, train, and evaluate primary and supplemental staff, and recommend personnel actions for programs and services.
· Direct and coordinate activities of teachers or administrators at daycare centres, schools, public agencies, and/or institutions.
· Plan, direct, and monitor instructional methods and content of educational, vocational, or student activity programs.
· Review and interpret government codes, and develop procedures to meet codes and to ensure facility safety, security, and maintenance.
· Determine the scope of educational program offerings, and prepare drafts of program schedules and descriptions, in order to estimate staffing and facility requirements.
· Review and evaluate new and current programs to determine their efficiency, effectiveness, and compliance with state, local, and federal regulations; recommend any necessary modifications.
· Teach classes or courses, and/or provide direct care to children.
· Prepare and submit budget requests or grant proposals to solicit program funding.
· Write articles, manuals, and other publications, and assist in the distribution of promotional literature about programs and facilities.
· Collect and analyse survey data, regulatory information, and demographic and employment trends, in order to forecast enrolment patterns and the need for curriculum changes.
· Inform businesses, community groups, and governmental agencies about educational needs, available programs, and program policies.
· Organise and direct committees of specialists, volunteers, and staff to provide technical and advisory assistance for program
Applicant must hold a degree in Education resident in Abuja
Experience working with an early year institution will be an added advantage
Only female applicants will be considered