As Editor, you will be responsible for both the editorial and commercial direction of Business Insider Sub-Saharan Africa (BI SSA). You will create and execute editorial strategy that reflects your thorough understanding of the latest trends in business, finance, economics, technology, politics, lifestyle and sports. Your passion for producing exclusive stories that spark thoughtful discussions, combined with your strong business acumen, will help to ensure that BI SSA remains the number one source of news online.
- Create, manage and oversee content produced for Business Insider SSA, ensuring accuracy, consistency with the BI brand voice, and adherence to BI editorial guidelines.
- Oversee Editorial planning and strategy execution, ensuring that complex topics are broken down into a variety of formats that readers will want to read and share.
- Full accountability for quality control of content published on the website for compliance with copyright laws, story authenticity, fact checking, spelling, grammar, and style.
- Secure top-level contributors and source interviews, profiles, and features with high-level executives for exclusive stories.
- Full P&L responsibility for BI SSA - selling and managing campaigns, identifying opportunities for partnerships, proposing and implementing further initiatives for monetization.
- Prepare weekly traffic and other performance reports and actively identify and implement strategies to increase the readership and reach of BI SSA.
- Liaise with Tech & Product Teams on back-end and front-end updates, mobile development, and CMS changes
- Develop strong, trusting relationships with all relevant stakeholders and partners, both internal and external.
- Maintain industry best practice and stay keyed into trends and the competitive landscape.
- Act as an ambassador for BI SSA and represent BI SSA at industry events, panels and other key events and discussions in the wider journalistic and business communities.
The ideal candidate for this role would have:
- An excellent editorial background and experience working at a digital publication
- In-depth and practical knowledge of the new media landscape.
- Strong business acumen.
- Good relationship-building and networking skills to cultivate a high level network across industries.
- Great interviewing skills and feels comfortable talking to high-level executives.
- Passion for producing exclusive stories with deep analysis.
- Great ability to break down complex topics and make them interesting, relatable and easy to understand.
- Great leadership and project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Reliability and efficiency in a fast-paced environment.